Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: my 78 sanger

Dominator Scott
    Billy B, S Dominator, B sanger, what brand primer and paint did you use?
    which flows the best and leaves the best finish?
    thanks E
    MitcherT did my paint work so I can't really comment on what to use.

sanger mike
    My dads Sanger Super Jet has a ride plate on it but it's not as long as the one in the above pic. Would a longer ride plate help me in any way?
    What exactly is a shoe and what does it do? Are they difficult to install or just bolt on?
    Would a shoe help me with only a 350HP 460 motor?
    D.S. yes it would help your dads sanger. one thing that i see is your droop is short. i had the short droop on the first round when i started working on the sanger and was told that it was not the correct one. now i have the medium droop. one thing about these sanger's is they are a real BITCH to tune when you want to go fast but I have always loved them since i was a kid. im not sure if the snoot from high tech will work or not. after i get a good base line on the boat this summer i'll go in halves with a firend and test it on both are boats. that way the cost wont hurt so much. oh the intake would have to come out of the sanger and then the shoe is machined in to it. just get your self some alum plate and make it longer with some bracing on top to keep it stiff and then come of the bowl to brace it and pull off the ones on the hull. take a look at the back of billy's sanger thats where you want it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...115mcc_002.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...115kkk_048.jpg

sanger mike
    I have a 532BBF and a shoe'd and snooted/place diverted :220v: JG pump and I definetly need a longer ride plate boat is hard to keep safe :skull:
    S.J. do you have the snoot from high tech, if so how do you like it and what gains did you get. any pics would be cool. :crossx:

e514jet
    Sanger mike,
    Mine is set up like pic 1. Was the whole motor and pump moved back in pic 2?
    what was the benefit? E

sanger mike
    Sanger mike,
    Mine is set up like pic 1. Was the whole motor and pump moved back in pic 2?
    what was the benefit? E
    e514, yes pump was set back about 7 inches. MPD did the work. i haven't run the boat yet. its been a long journey and alot of money. what im try to say is just do the shoe and ride plate for about $300.00 and you will be happy with it. :crossx: if you look at the plate in the hull, thats the set back
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...d_in_place.jpg

Sanger Jet
    S.J. do you have the snoot from high tech, if so how do you like it and what gains did you get. any pics would be cool. :crossx:
    The snoot from HTP is a quality product......My problem is my pump is not setback...so even with a loader,snoot,hyd.diverter the super jet is a handfull
    at 70 or faster. Also the Super Jet hulls are HEAVY beasts. Jim @code blue racing can help you with a ride plate assembly I plan on adding one this winter. Just my 2 cents. Darren

BILLY.B
    Billy B, S Dominator, B sanger, what brand primer and paint did you use?
    which flows the best and leaves the best finish?
    thanks EMy boat was painted in lacquer when I worked for Sanger which is no longer available in Ca. It was recleared when I did the graphics on the deck and sides in urethane clear. Brian's "Pimped out ride" was painted in "House of Kolor" candie's and also cleared in urethane. As far as primer goes I use a polyester type for fill and nonshrinking purposes.

sanger mike
    The snoot from HTP is a quality product......My problem is my pump is not setback...so even with a loader,snoot,hyd.diverter the super jet is a handfull
    at 70 or faster. Also the Super Jet hulls are HEAVY beasts. Jim @code blue racing can help you with a ride plate assembly I plan on adding one this winter. Just my 2 cents. Darren
    i agree. iv'e talked to duane and brian alot about the snoot. the big problem with the sanger is that the cuting edge of the crapy shoe that sanger tried to make is about 11-12 inches in front of the transom which is way to foward and keeps the boat wet. but if you do atleast the shoe and ride plate you will load the pump harder and let it rock back on the longer ride plate. ive talked to a few guys that did just the shoe and ride plate and they said that there sangers were in the high 80's to low 90's. the best i could get out of my sanger was 76mph on a good day with this set up. not sure what the new deal will do but will find out soon. :rollside:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...15P9200005.JPG

Dominator Scott
    D.S. yes it would help your dads sanger. one thing that i see is your droop is short. i had the short droop on the first round when i started working on the sanger and was told that it was not the correct one. now i have the medium droop. one thing about these sanger's is they are a real BITCH to tune when you want to go fast but I have always loved them since i was a kid. im not sure if the snoot from high tech will work or not. after i get a good base line on the boat this summer i'll go in halves with a firend and test it on both are boats. that way the cost wont hurt so much. oh the intake would have to come out of the sanger and then the shoe is machined in to it. just get your self some alum plate and make it longer with some bracing on top to keep it stiff and then come of the bowl to brace it and pull off the ones on the hull. take a look at the back of billy's sanger thats where you want it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...115mcc_002.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...115kkk_048.jpg
    Actually I believe I have the same droop as you posted above. I will have a new ride plate made but I don't think I will mess with a shoe if I have to yank out the jet drive to do it. My dad isn't that concerned about top speed and I don't feel like ripping the boat apart again.

Sanger Jet
    I still have all the foam in the bow also.....Did you take yours out and If you did is it different on the water?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345