Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BILLY B?

circleboatKIDD
    What some details on those spitfires.Prices on them what they come with. Somes #s to call. I wouldnt mind giving your k boat a run for its money in a spitfire . Im sure Gordy got some extra k motors lying around for this kind of event wink

GofastRacer
    circleboatKIDD:
    What some details on those spitfires.Prices on them what they come with. Somes #s to call. I wouldnt mind giving your k boat a run for its money in a spitfire . Im sure Gordy got some extra k motors lying around for this kind of event wink Hmmm, I thought Lary Danlhoff has the last one made??..

BILLY.B
    circleboatKIDD:
    What some details on those spitfires.Prices on them what they come with. Somes #s to call. I wouldnt mind giving your k boat a run for its money in a spitfire . Im sure Gordy got some extra k motors lying around for this kind of event wink S/posse, I believe Larry Dahlhoff's buisness is called Motor Magic and it's in Long Beach, I don't have a phone # for him but I'm sure information would have it. I was told he would know where 1 is for sale. The other one for sale is John Guthrie's K-16 "SHOCKER" so I've been told, and Larry might have his #,and as for Gordy having an engine laying around for you to use , you better hope he can reach the injector to change pill's if needed, as the height of some of these blown motors is getting awfully tall , or just bring him a step stoll eek!

LeE ss13
    Ahh yes ..Spitfire Boats. I remember them well. Like the beginning of most boats, there's always a drama of conflict associated with them. Here's the way I remember it. Ron and Duane B. had a Biesemeyer in the early '70s. It started to come apart and they took it back to Julian. Julian did nothing about it. This I can believe because my bother-in-law had a '73 and the deck started to come off before the installation was done and Julian said it was just a scatch. Anyway ... Ron and Duane got mad and said they would make there own boat. So with the help of an old ski racing/fiberglass wizard/buddy of mine named Dwaine W., he built them a mold with a Biesemeyer type bottom with 4 strakes on the bottom and a different deck. His fee for building the mold was that he got to have one of the first boats out of the mold. By the time he finished the new mold, Dwaine had falled out of the good graces of the B.s but they reluctantly popped him out a boat and dropped it off at Rudy's (or that was where is was layed up anyway). Dwaine didn't want the boat because it was layed up on way too hot of a day and the deck came out a little less than smooth. So ... I bought the bare hull from Dwaine W. for $1,000 (hey, that was a lot of money in 1977). I proceeded to put it together as a ski race boat, but lost interest after about a year and sold it to some ski racer that finished it with a 390 Ford (ugh). I know Ron B. ran his K9 Spitfire for many years and kicked some serious butt with it, but I have not seen him in a while. I know Larry D's K bumped into Jeff W's PS333 and did terminal damage to Jeff's Revenge, but I don't know if Larry's boat got repaired.

O.B eddie
    lee ss13 could your post get any longer damn I feel like i am reading a fricken novel!!

GofastRacer
    Larry, it's fixed, he ran it at Thanksgiving!..

LeE ss13
    O.B eddie:
    lee ss13 could your post get any longer damn I feel like i am reading a fricken novel!! OK, OK, from now on only the Reader's Digest version.

Sangster
    LeE ss13:
    O.B eddie:
    lee ss13 could your post get any longer damn I feel like i am reading a fricken novel!! OK, OK, from now on only the Reader's Digest version. O.B. likes um' short & sweet...

CircleJerk
    DONT YOU DARE CUT THEM SHORT! We're trying to learn boat history! Period! O.B. Canobee can get his Mom to read them for him, from the Readers Digest that is! Is this short enough?????? smile_sp

Stab-n-Steer
    CircleJerk:
    DONT YOU DARE CUT THEM SHORT! We're trying to learn boat history! Period! O.B. Canobee can get his Mom to read them for him, from the Readers Digest that is! Is this short enough?????? smile_sp I agree! If OB's attention span is that short (like certain parts of his body ) he does not have to read it... Where else can you learn such history?
    LeE ss13, keep 'em com'in!
    S&S

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast