Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BILLY B?

Keep the storys coming and don't leave out any details.

BILLY.B
    dossangers:
    Did'nt harry christenson make a k boat? hey art whats happening !! I know he raced one. And i want to hear the barron story too! DOS, this could be an ugly topic. The mold that Harry used was originally made by George McDougall and was called a Double Eagle. George raced one in the late 70's and then Harry used the mold to build himself a boat. Harry then starting building boats out of the mold and was supposed to give money for every boat built out of it, But from what I've been told that "NEVER" happened. In fact on of the old Hobbit's is a Double Eagle and is still racing today.

circleboatKIDD
    Holy shitI thought I Pm Billy on the spitfire for sale, this topic to off. eek! WAs trying to keep them on the under since I know there arent to many left. Billy thought you knew Gs motor come already tuned and I know there on kill mode for race with you wink pot starting to stir a little

GofastRacer
    BILLY.B:
    dossangers:
    Did'nt harry christenson make a k boat? hey art whats happening !! I know he raced one. And i want to hear the barron story too! DOS, this could be an ugly topic. The mold that Harry used was originally made by George McDougall and was called a Double Eagle. George raced one in the late 70's and then Harry used the mold to build himself a boat. Harry then starting building boats out of the mold and was supposed to give money for every boat built out of it, But from what I've been told that "NEVER" happened. In fact on of the old Hobbit's is a Double Eagle and is still racing today. Wow, brain fart here!, don't remember Chuck having an Advantage??, I thought when Chuck went to the B type boats, he went to Bob L??..

SK48
    Art, Chuck had an early boat a Double Eagle, not one of the later boats from Harry at Advantage. Actually Harry built his first one prior to Advantage when it was still Fiberglass Concepts. Harry also drove a B boat prior to that. Actually the B boat belonged to Glen Ward ( Harry's adopted step father, they were really close )
    Billy B probably remembers I think it was brown and yellow.
    I was racing Comp Jets and tunnell outboards in those days, and working for Bob Long at Sundown Marine on the weekends. Harry helped me with two Comp Jet hulls one a Fiberglass concepts Bahner, and the next the first Advantage out of the Rogers molds. Old Rigger on these boards probably remembers those days.

dossangers
    sk 48 what year did you work at sundown? my father in law got layed away by bob long in 78 and the motor builder what was his name ?? [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/~AUT0007.JPG[/img]

GofastRacer
    SK48:
    Art, Chuck had an early boat a Double Eagle, not one of the later boats from Harry at Advantage. Actually Harry built his first one prior to Advantage when it was still Fiberglass Concepts. Harry also drove a B boat prior to that. Actually the B boat belonged to Glen Ward ( Harry's adopted step father, they were really close )
    Billy B probably remembers I think it was brown and yellow.
    I was racing Comp Jets and tunnell outboards in those days, and working for Bob Long at Sundown Marine on the weekends. Harry helped me with two Comp Jet hulls one a Fiberglass concepts Bahner, and the next the first Advantage out of the Rogers molds. Old Rigger on these boards probably remembers those days. Thanks Rich, didn't know he had a Double Eagle!, learn something new!!.I remember Harry's deal when he started making boats and like Billy said, he never did keep his end of the deal!..Did you run circles with the NJBA back then?..

BigBoyToys
    WOW! Old Circle Jet folks on the forum!. We were racing a circle jet boat back in the late '70's (AJBA and NJBA) and '80's (APBA). Ran in SJ,CJ and KJ. Boat number 747 (748 in APBA).

126driver
    BILLY.B:
    DOS, this could be an ugly topic. The mold that Harry used was originally made by George McDougall and was called a Double Eagle. George raced one in the late 70's and then Harry used the mold to build himself a boat. Harry then starting building boats out of the mold and was supposed to give money for every boat built out of it, But from what I've been told that "NEVER" happened. In fact on of the old Hobbit's is a Double Eagle and is still racing today. There was a thread on AZ Don's site a year ago about a flattie mold at Advantage that a guy said was his dad's. Sounds familiar to this story. I wonder if it is the same mold? I was going to call Advantage for the guy but never did. Here's the old thread: Missing boat mold

126driver:
    BILLY.B:
    DOS, this could be an ugly topic. The mold that Harry used was originally made by George McDougall and was called a Double Eagle. George raced one in the late 70's and then Harry used the mold to build himself a boat. Harry then starting building boats out of the mold and was supposed to give money for every boat built out of it, But from what I've been told that "NEVER" happened. In fact on of the old Hobbit's is a Double Eagle and is still racing today. There was a thread on AZ Don's site a year ago about a flattie mold at Advantage that a guy said was his dad's. Sounds familiar to this story. I wonder if it is the same mold? I was going to call Advantage for the guy but never did. Here's the old thread: Missing boat mold Scott,
    You are correct. Same person. True! (He still has the first boat from the mold) His father and MacDougal were partners.
    He and I are thinking about making a new mold from his hull.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast