Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BILLY B?

SS Mike, check you email!!

126driver
    ssmike:
    Scott,
    You are correct. Same person. True! (He still has the first boat from the mold) His father and MacDougal were partners.
    He and I are thinking about making a new mold from his hull..... Did BH ever figure out it the mold at Advantage is the one he is looking for? I wish I would have called for him 'cause this kind of $hit pisses me off. burningm Guess I'm just too wrapped up in my own agenda... I did talk to a certain Charlie B that was redoing my bottom last year. He used to work for Harry and told me that the mold in question is basically junk, was left outside for too long. Charlie actually laid up some boats from that mold. I think I relayed that to BH.

ss wannabe
    I've been away a while. A quick history on my dad's mold (better known as the Advantage) to clear some clouded air...
    My dad (Hughes), with permission from the creators of the Eagle in Santa Fe Springs, modified the deck, left the bottom unchanged, and made his mold. After building a hull (now in my possesion in Portland, as seen on Arizona Don's), dad was put in touch with Harry Christensen by McDougal. Dad and Harry agreed to a storage for a boat deal, with $1000 to be paid for each additional hull from dad's mold. I heard Glen Ward had it at his place for a period of time. Harry paid nothing, raced more than one, including LongShot and LastShot (pics were on the Advantage web site until a couple years ago), and built as many as nine total, including K-614 'Danger Zone.' The Double Eagle name has been used in reference to this pattern, but these boats diverged from the Eagle line with my dad's mold. The deck looks similar, but lacks the anglar ridge down the center, and the radius slope at the rear. At some point, Harry apparently splashed one of his race boats in order to build a mold with a strut shroud. Last I heard, any flat molds in Advantage's possesion have long since past their usefullness, having been out in the sun too many years. Also heard Mrs. Christensen purchased on of Harry's old race flats and gave it to his nephew in SoCal somewhere.
    BTW - I'd love to see pics/video of any of these boats. Marc, pass on some info about this boat going to Washington on Father's Day! -BH

CircleJerk
    sswannawhat? Hi, Jerk here, Hope you can make this years bash at Banks. There are a couple of Portland people coming up to spank me {figuritively speaking} I dont know why cause I always loose. Race or not, there are many activities to participate in so I hope to see you there. I gave up calling you, you're never there! wannabeaJeRk? smile_sp

Jrocket
    Hey Billy,heres that white and blue Schiada I was asking you about.I also saw it in the video.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Parker_ski_races_3-9-02_0061.JPG[/img]

ss wannabe
    Jerk- You're right...I'm never there. Work keeps me on the road. Would like to attend this year, depending on where the boss tells me to go. I heard it was great entertainment if nothing else!

BILLY.B
    Jrocket:
    Hey Billy,heres that white and blue Schiada I was asking you about.I also saw it in the video.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Parker_ski_races_3-9-02_0061.JPG[/img] Jrocket, thats the boat that I saw at G.T.. Bitchin boat, that would be clean if you could find one like that!!. but then the price tag would be way up there,but worth it!!

waterloged
    what's up with people turning there scoop around to the back, is this so speed secert? idea

BigBoyToys
    I believe that if the scoop is facing backwards, it is not required to have flame arrestors. If the scoop is facing the front, the law requires flame arrestors.

GofastRacer
    I always thought that a flame arrestor was mandatory no matter what, I may be wrong? , but I know at the river they won't bother with ya if the scoop in on facing backwards!.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast