Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the coffee in your office???

dicudmore
    I would never make anyones coffee unless it was my mans!!!!
    And Even if I was the first person in the office in the morning if I don't drink the shit I am not gonna make it.
    Your so right of not doing it Linnie!!
    oh...wondered where you disappeared to...you're over here :wink:
    Hi Foxy

hoolign
    now he's kissing up to the boss
    you're in this thread cause you're bored...like the rest of us
    But technically..I'm not supposed to be bored

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I would never make anyones coffee unless it was my mans!!!!
    And Even if I was the first person in the office in the morning if I don't drink the shit I am not gonna make it.
    Your so right of not doing it Linnie!!
    Come on H, when have you ever been the first person in the office??? JUST KIDDING! Luv you! :boxed:

Froggystyle
    I just called your office and talked to all the non-coffee drinkers. You shall soon have a mutiny on your hands...... :rollside:
    Well, it would be a one-man mutiny by a 16 year old... Methinks it would be a short-lived insurgency rapidly and efficiently put down by a 9 man strong crew of caffeine addicts led by two SEALs...
    Bring it on...

INFINITEJJ
    I was just told (by someone other than my boss) that since I am the first one in the office, that its common courtesy to make everyone's coffee, even though I don't drink it. My response was a big F-U! I am not the coffee bitch. Not that I think I am above such a task, wait, yes I do. I am the HR manager, not the secretary.
    Make your own coffee, you lazy a-hole. :yuk:
    I'm tired of hearing "IT'S NOT MY JOB". It's about being a team player.

INFINITEJJ
    Hey, you are the one making the big deal out of it. You asked, we responded. I don't think you are looking for input, I think you are fishing for support and not getting it so you are getting defensive.
    You clearly aren't going to make coffee for anyone regardless of what we all say, so leave it at that. You are bucking a well established and understood policy that has been around since well before I started working. Nearly universally, the first person in (or junior person... which most of the time is the same person) makes coffee. You don't drink coffee and are offended by the insinuation that you should make it for everyone else, so tell them all to eat a dick. Case closed.
    On the other hand, if your boss wants you to make coffee, you should. It is up to them to delegate all responsibilities in the office, and coffee making is one of them. I have highly trained people empty trash cans as part of their jobs.
    If it isn't your boss asking you to... let your conscience be your guide.
    Well said.

H20 Toie
    You can take care of this issue very easy. sleep in longer so you are not the first one in, problem solved.

CA Stu
    First one in... always, in every business I have ever worked in, for or owned.
    The only difference is, I always have had the first manager in make it. It takes a manager to open the door, so technically they are always the first in.
    The guys should be getting to work, manager taking care of things such as opening up, getting the compressor running and hitting start on the coffee maker.
    When I am here first, I make the coffee. Additionally, I make it even though I swing by sixbucks on the way to work, so I have mine already.
    If you are in HR, you understand the value of morale. Coffee is liquid morale first thing in the morning.
    I don't see the big deal, but I have never taken personal offense to doing things perceived to be below my position. I have nine people working for me here at Trident, and I clean the shitters every ninth time, including the ones I don't use (shop and womens rooms).
    I have a janitor for the poopers, but as the boss, I sure make coffee whenever anyone else wants it made.
    If you want the people that work for you to enjoy being there, act like you work for them. Everyone will be happy at the end of the day.
    I did have one guy working for me that refused to make coffee because he didn't drink it. He showed up late, I said, "Just fire up a pot of coffee and we'll call it fair enough" and he was a jerk and made a big fuss about "I'm not going to make it because I don't drink it."
    Didn't impress me with his selfish attitude, so he doesn't work for me any more.
    Lot nicer around here without his arrogant, stuck up, selfish "me first" attitude, too.
    Thanks
    CA Stu
    PS If you don't want to make it, just put too much coffee in the filter. People will beg you not to make it.

Only on ***boat could we have a thread 118 posts long about making coffee. :coffeycup :coffeycup
    "F-U! I am not the coffee bitch"... classic.

Her454
    You clearly aren't going to make coffee for anyone regardless of what we all say, so leave it at that. You are bucking a well established and understood policy that has been around since well before I started working. Nearly universally, the first person in (or junior person... which most of the time is the same person) makes coffee. You don't drink coffee and are offended by the insinuation that you should make it for everyone else, so tell them all to eat a dick. Case closed. On the other hand, if your boss wants you to make coffee, you should. It is up to them to delegate all responsibilities in the office, and coffee making is one of them. I have highly trained people empty trash cans as part of their jobs.
    If it isn't your boss asking you to... let your conscience be your guide
    Interesting. Coffee "makes me sick", period. And I mean physically sick - by the smell of it. Hate to be a bitch about it but unless it was in my job description I would have a hard time making it. If I worked in a restaurant, I would expect to have to make it - but not to help some caffiene addicted morning junkie help him make through his/her day if its something I don't even drink. Granted, if my job were on the line, I'd be making the coffee, but you wouldn't like it......................

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast