Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who makes the coffee in your office???

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    do you trust who makes the coffee or what they put in it :yuk:
    I don't drink coffee so I don't care, thats my point. :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
    This reminds me of the water bottle policy I was just informed about.
    I couldn't figure out for the life of me why everytime I go to get water, that the damn bottle was empty. So I always have to go get another bottle and put in on the cooler.
    I was mumbling about it one day and one of the "gals" overheard me and said, "Oh, the reason you do that is that women here don't change the bottles when they get empty."
    Huh???
    "Oh yes, women shouldn't be changing those heavy bottles when there are men around."
    OK, but isn't it in everyone's job description that we have to lift 50 lbs on occasion. Changing a bottle once a week is on occasion.
    "Maybe so, but women don't change the water bottles."
    Well, managers don't change bottles, women don't change bottles... and I'm just a supervisor... guess who get's to change the bottles?

JetBoatRich
    I don't drink coffee so I don't care, thats my point. :rollside:
    good point :idea:

NOTALENT
    There I fixed your post for you!
    I can always count on you hooli.... :rollside:

hoolign
    I can alwayth count on you hooli.... :rollside:
    No problemo!

scarabrick2
    We have a automatic machine that all you have to do is put in a BOX of concentrate coffee and the hot water mixes with it once you pull the little lever. Or I go to the service bar and press a little button on the 15K machine and it grinds and spits it out in less than 15 sec. AH, HOTEL life

Squeezing Spectra
    Rinda tell them to eat a big bowl of D*CK and make there own coffe :rollside:

Gee Gee
    The first coffee drinker makes the coffee in our office, even if the owner is the first. Most people in our office don't drink coffee.

sorry dog
    I take amphetimines so I don't need coffee, but it would be nice if somebody would have a Xanax ready for me to calm my jitters.

Froggystyle
    Well I guess everyone is better than me because I don't make coffee for people. :boxed:
    If the coffee drinkers are so worried about their coffee being ready when they come in, they can set the timer the night before. I don't come in the office first to prepare the office for everyone, I come in early to get my own work done.
    Maybe I just don't get it because I don't drink coffee.

Hey, you are the one making the big deal out of it. You asked, we responded. I don't think you are looking for input, I think you are fishing for support and not getting it so you are getting defensive.
    You clearly aren't going to make coffee for anyone regardless of what we all say, so leave it at that. You are bucking a well established and understood policy that has been around since well before I started working. Nearly universally, the first person in (or junior person... which most of the time is the same person) makes coffee. You don't drink coffee and are offended by the insinuation that you should make it for everyone else, so tell them all to eat a dick. Case closed.
    On the other hand, if your boss wants you to make coffee, you should. It is up to them to delegate all responsibilities in the office, and coffee making is one of them. I have highly trained people empty trash cans as part of their jobs.
    If it isn't your boss asking you to... let your conscience be your guide.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast