Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pics of my 1964 FE Powered Lavey Craft from Elsinore.

blown428fe
    seen 7 fe powered boats in the last 2 months.you could do alot to these motors. waiting on mine now. your boat looks mint, keep the fe.
    mike in ct

rrrr
    Keep the FE! Everyone has a BBC, and having something different is fun.
    Almost everyone that looks at my boat comments on how cool the FE 427 is. It's fun to tell 'em it's the same motor that was dropped between the stringers in '67......

mickeyfinn
    dmontzsta:

some lady that wouldnt go away taking pics of the boat. Don't you love it when they do that. Makes the work you put into it seem like it is worth it...LOL

THE VIKING
    It sure is nice to see someone having some family-fun.
    Nice family, nice boat, it seems you've got it made DMonzta.
    But your dad needs a Haircut
    The viking.

dmontzsta
    Yeah, it makes me feel even better when little kids are like "wooooo".
    I am definately keeping the FE, it currently is bored .30 over with a Chet Herbert cam, edelbrock street master manifold and a couple of other little goodies. I am going to scrap all that in a year or so and do a full build up with heads, stroker kit, etc...
    Thanks for the comments everyone, we bought this boat for $2750 it had been sitting in a driveway uncovered for 2 years and the kid just let it sit. We had to do ALOT of work to get it like this, now the worst thing is a crack along the drivers side, but I am hoping to fix it this winter.

dmontzsta
    THE VIKING:
    It sure is nice to see someone having some family-fun.
    Nice family, nice boat, it seems you've got it made DMonzta.
    But your dad needs a Haircut
    The viking. lol, I will be sure to tell him.

Rivertoys
    Great Photos!!! Have you seen the old Lavey Flatty in Lavey's Showroom? It's a bit rough right now, but they plan to restore it. I think it's a 1963, but I could be wrong. It was Al Lavey's old race boat. They found it (or it found them rather) and LaveyCraft is going to fully restore it. I'll snap some photos when I'm out there next time.
    Are you going to the Lavey regatta this weekend??? I leave tomorrow!!!
    RTJas

dmontzsta
    I was at Lavey craft headquarters around 3-4 years ago and they offered $7500 on the spot for the boat, this was when it was stock and we had cleaned it all up, it was oxidized and rusty. We had a sentimental feeling for this boat and rejected the offer. They gave a great tour though. PLEASE snap some pics, I would love to see it.
    I have been planning on going to the regatta for a year now and just as it happens I wrecked my car and didnt want to report it to insurance so I had to come out of pocket on around $2,000 to fix it. So I have to go next year cause money will not allow.
    Will you take some pics of that as well?
    [ September 25, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: dmontzsta ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12