Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Proposition 87 in CA

scooooter7
    What do you guys think of this proposition?? Good Or Bad??
    I think it is directly responsible for the gas prices falling at the moment. And after it is voted on, either for or against, the prices will escalate back up. The oil companies will blame it on the extra taxes if it passes, OR, they will just increase the prices knowing they won at the polls again. :cry: They got us by the tail pipes.

YeLLowBoaT
    I think its Very bad Idea. The tax itself is not a very good idea, but the rest of the crap that bill adds is just Fooking wrong. Just like 90% of the crap they pass... the "core" of the bill is good, but all the rest of the crap they add to it makes it a joke. Only way we are going to stop it is to vote them all out. Since most voters in CA only see party lines I don't see that happening anytime soon... that is unless some one starts up a 3rd part thats worth something.
    I know one thing if the bill passes into law gas price will go up.

burtandnancy
    Al Gore just jumped in on the Yes side. I'll go No...

little rowe boat
    IAFF and CPF. say vote no. But I think Iam voting yes. The oil companies ahave such huge profits and get to constantly gough us. If the oil companies are against it, I am for it.

cdog
    When was the last time a tax fixed anything?

QuickJet
    IAFF and CPF. say vote no. But I think Iam voting yes. The oil companies ahave such huge profits and get to constantly gough us. If the oil companies are against it, I am for it.
    Then by that way of thinking we should impose unfair taxes on McDonalds and Disneyland as well....which of course would undoubtingly pave the way to cheap burgers and lower admission to the park.
    When in history has a tax increase on a product ever lowered the price that a consumer pays for it??...............NEVER!!!!!

wsuwrhr
    In my humble opinion.....
    Gas prices are lowered because of the election. Simple tactic.
    Don't let anyone fool you into thinking anything else.
    There will be some kind of "disaster", supply disruption, or otherwise that will "justify" prices going back through the roof.
    Brian

CBadDad
    I think it is directly responsible for the gas prices falling at the moment. And after it is voted on, either for or against, the prices will escalate back up. The oil companies will blame it on the extra taxes if it passes, OR, they will just increase the prices knowing they won at the polls again. :cry: They got us by the tail pipes.
    I agree 100%
    Me too.

seanv
    what if there was a tax on any fuel priced over 1.99 a gallon

Desert Rat
    Tax wise on this issue I don't think California is looking for anything more then some states like Alaska and Texas are already collecting, the oil lease money anyway

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast