Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Its not APRIL FOLS yet, but someone should let this clown in on that

Froggystyle
    Nobody would have taken The Dukes of Hazzard remake seriously if they had cast my black ass in the role of Bo Duke.
    I would have. How great would that have been. Seriously.
    I just want to see one black Nascar driver start whooping everyone. What an uproar there would be.
    PD can't pull off Bond. But I don't think anyone can actually. Everyone has done a pretty good job of doing it though. To me, Sean Connery is Bond. But then Roger Moore didn't do horribly. Then Timothy Dalton, while not anywhere as good as the original did pretty well. The big suprise was choosing "Remington Steele" to be the man, but Pierce has pulled it off in great fashion, many times rivaling the big man Connery in my opinion.
    I think that David Craig may be the most "Bond-like" of all of them, including Connery. His physique, bravado, attitude, menality etc... all lend themselves very well to a spy-like character.
    In retrospect, Connery was a very campy spy. We all loved it, but I bet Craig bumps up the reality a bit. He was great in Layer Cake.

Richie Rich
    I would have. How great would that have been. Seriously.
    I just want to see one black Nascar driver start whooping everyone. What an uproar there would be.
    PD can't pull off Bond. But I don't think anyone can actually. Everyone has done a pretty good job of doing it though. To me, Sean Connery is Bond. But then Roger Moore didn't do horribly. Then Timothy Dalton, while not anywhere as good as the original did pretty well. The big suprise was choosing "Remington Steele" to be the man, but Pierce has pulled it off in great fashion, many times rivaling the big man Connery in my opinion.
    I think that David Craig may be the most "Bond-like" of all of them, including Connery. His physique, bravado, attitude, menality etc... all lend themselves very well to a spy-like character.
    In retrospect, Connery was a very campy spy. We all loved it, but I bet Craig bumps up the reality a bit. He was great in Layer Cake.
    LMAO!! No sir. I would have sucked as Bo Duke.
    Even my wife called me a dumb-ass today for feeling this way but I stand by my previous comments. P. Diddy aside, certain movie roles just don't need to have the racial barriers crossed. I'm not for a second saying that the "right" black actor couldn't play a role previously made famous by a white actor but I wouldn't want to see a great black actor play James Bond any more than I'd want to see an excellent white actor play the role of Superfly. That's just the way I view it. Your milage may vary.
    Not trying to start a racial war here on Hot Boat guys but the Kunta references were way off base, but IMHO it proves another point. Take out the 70's Blaxsploitation films and I can't think of one major movie role where a black role couldn't have very easily been filled with a white person. I'm probably wrong but I can't think of any off the top. So if you have to go back to Roots find one, it kinda makes sense that black actors are re-making traditional white roles. Hence Diddy's pipe-dream (or blunt fog depending who you ask).....
    Froggystyle, you are the Navy Seal, correct? Did you attend the US Naval Academy?

SHOTKALLIN
    I don't know where that info came from but, Diddy Puffy or what ever you want to call him has done a couple more films than one! Try somewhere around 8 or 10............
    diddy was the shiat in made

Hallett19
    I think Puff could pull it off, he could not be ghetto at all or it just wont sell it, I like Denzel for it though. I really liked Pierce, I think he had another movie in him but oh well...
    But the next bonds are going to be either this guy
    http://www.nndb.com/people/987/00010...tham-sized.jpg
    Or this guy
    http://bestof.provocateuse.com/image...ve_owen_99.jpg
    You think this douce bag could do it Wes ?
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...b/scan0001.jpg

Phat Matt
    Bond....Javon Bond.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345