Thread: tri metrics cav plate lock out control needed

superdave013
    I'm looking for a tri metrics cav plate lock out handle. Needs to be stringer mount and in good shape.
    My boat had elect plates with the motor mounted to the back of one of the heads. I want to put a foot control in it.
    Thanks to SK48's new hallet for the insperation.

WILDERTHANU54
    DAVE.......YOUR WERE THINKING OF RUNNING IT WITH NO DOWN PEDAL????? THATS NOT VERY "RIVER RACER" OF YOU...

superdave013
    WILDERTHANU54:
    DAVE.......YOUR WERE THINKING OF RUNNING IT WITH NO DOWN PEDAL????? THATS NOT VERY "RIVER RACER" OF YOU... I know, now look around the shop and hook a brother up will ya.

pgf111
    build one then post pictures like everything else you build.

SK48
    Dave, do you mean the pedal assembly with the integrated lock out handle. (small t handle that locks the pedal) If that is the one you want I have one in the shop buiding gathering dust, and you are more than welcome to it.
    If you still want to run the electric cavitation plates, which work real well in my opinion, if you don't want to GN race, I have another idea. Since you have the good Morse double cable steering, I purchased a spare helm for the dual steering boxes. Rex has some very nice trim switches for the steering wheel. Since the Morse steering is only about 2 or 3 turns lock to lock, I was going to have a new helm rifle drilled and run the wires down the center of the steering shaft. If you want I have a spare new helm, and also know where there are several still in stock.
    Dave don't be disappointed with the electric plates, I have been running the Blue Hallett Vector for seven years and never had a problem. Also my wife and daughter are much more comfortable driving with a trim switch than a pedal and lock out handle.
    I don't think that the new Hallett is going to be something that the rest of the family will want to drive a lot. But I'm real excited. The motor leaves Thursday for GT Performance to freshen up and tune up.
    Thanks for stopping buy last weekend and checking my new project out.

SK48
    I think I just realized the inspiration from the new Hallett. Are you thinking of running the rod from the pedal forward, to the small lever or fulcrum, and under the floor of your Schiada and back to the transom ??? I'm not even sure how the new boat works, and had to go down to the garage and look. I can't wait to get this one in the water and go cruise with your new Schiada.

WILDERTHANU54
    DAVE I HIGHLY SUGGEST THE DOWN PEDAL WITH THE LOCKOUT...I COULDNT IMAGINE DRIVING THE CONNOLLY WITHOUT IT. SETS THE BOAT WAY QUICKER..YOU KNOW THIS.

WILDERTHANU54
    AND WHEN YOU RACE THOSE DAMN CATS YOU CAN PLATE THROUGH ALL THE NASTY WATER.

superdave013
    SK48:
    I think I just realized the inspiration from the new Hallett. Are you thinking of running the rod from the pedal forward, to the small lever or fulcrum, and under the floor of your Schiada and back to the transom ??? I'm not even sure how the new boat works, and had to go down to the garage and look. I can't wait to get this one in the water and go cruise with your new Schiada. I might do it that way. I'll know when I see how the control rod lands inside the boat. I'm going to be tricky as I have to run it on the inside of the stringer. Anyway, yes I'm looking for a lock out handle like the one that's in your new hallet. I've been leaning towards doing it that way for some time. You boat just iced the cake.
    Oh, my helm is already drilled and did have the switch moutned on the wheel.