Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: short stroke motors in v drives

GofastRacer
    That's right, forgot about that one!..

FLYTE RISK
    SK48:
    And it's expensive to run a Ford, because the crank snout is not strong enough to run off the balancer. The guys that used to run Fords had to build them as reverse rotation motors for super stock. Very expensive to run a ford when they are breaking all the time! Ha Ha Ha

I used to be down on Fords tell I went to a NASCAR race. I don't say much anymore other than they cost a lot!
    [ June 24, 2003, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Hud ]

FLYTE RISK:
    SK48:
    And it's expensive to run a Ford, because the crank snout is not strong enough to run off the balancer. The guys that used to run Fords had to build them as reverse rotation motors for super stock. Very expensive to run a ford when they are breaking all the time! Ha Ha Ha Bad time to be raggin' on Fords when your boat is sittin on the trailer....Whats that you say?...... a cam problem? How'd that happen...Thought those Cheebys didn't break.

dmontzsta
    This is how I feel.
    Chevy and Ford are basically the same thing with different names. They all have the same parts and do the same thing. 460's are cheap to fix up, but older Fords are expensive due to less demand. 454 and 460 share the same cheap aftermarket parts category. If I had to choose, I would go 454, just because of how much there is out there in the classifieds/aftermarket, plus I have always been nudged to Chevy by my father.
    Just my .02

FLYTE RISK
    058:
    FLYTE RISK:
    SK48:
    And it's expensive to run a Ford, because the crank snout is not strong enough to run off the balancer. The guys that used to run Fords had to build them as reverse rotation motors for super stock. Very expensive to run a ford when they are breaking all the time! Ha Ha Ha Bad time to be raggin' on Fords when your boat is sittin on the trailer....Whats that you say?...... a cam problem? How'd that happen...Thought those Cheebys didn't break. Well what can I say had a chevy powered black hydro in the cross hairs but second chance never came around. Never saw a blue (FORD POWERED) turbo Hondo out there! LOL LOL All is good time to reload anyway putting the 396 back in the motor home and assembling a new camless motor for sum redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!And there will be sum redemption!!

396? [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119Hud_s_baby_pic_copy.JPG[/img]

Damn, I love Jessica... Flyte, You mean to say you have two Cheebys broken and you still have your GM cheerleader outfit on? If I were you I'd be looking at Yugos about now.

058, never have got over it! jawdrop Flyte, smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp

BigBoyToys
    Hey Hud, you heading to the Lake this weekend?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast