Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: short stroke motors in v drives

I'll see how my back feels! My mind says lets go, my back says easy now little buddy!

SK48:
    And it's expensive to run a Ford, because the crank snout is not strong enough to run off the balancer. The guys that used to run Fords had to build them as reverse rotation motors for super stock. Would APBA allow a 429 Ford engine? The crank snout isn't an issue, there are two ways to solve that prob, the Boss 429 has a short thicker snout and the steel crank from the 429 truck engine should handle just about anything one can throw at it. It'd be kinda cool to have a Ford/Chevy rivalry again.

Flyte RISKKKKKKKKKKKKK, jawdrop smile_sp Nascar at the lake?
    [ June 24, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Hud ]

126driver
    058:
    Would APBA allow a 429 Ford engine? The crank snout isn't an issue, there are two ways to solve that prob, the Boss 429 has a short thicker snout and the steel crank from the 429 truck engine should handle just about anything one can throw at it. It'd be kinda cool to have a Ford/Chevy rivalry again. APBA-approved F.O.R.D. engines for the SS class: 352, 390, 427, 428 & 351.

GofastRacer
    058:
    Would APBA allow a 429 Ford engine? The crank snout isn't an issue, there are two ways to solve that prob, the Boss 429 has a short thicker snout and the steel crank from the 429 truck engine should handle just about anything one can throw at it. It'd be kinda cool to have a Ford/Chevy rivalry again. [/QB]You would probably have to talk to APBA about it, I don't think they changed the accepted cubic inches sinse they allowed .060 over 427 which is a 440. A 429 would definitly fit in!. That would be cool to see that again. And you're right, that truck crank is about as stout as you could get!..

FLYTE RISK
    058:
    SK48:
    And it's expensive to run a Ford, because the crank snout is not strong enough to run off the balancer. The guys that used to run Fords had to build them as reverse rotation motors for super stock. Would APBA allow a 429 Ford engine? The crank snout isn't an issue, there are two ways to solve that prob, the Boss 429 has a short thicker snout and the steel crank from the 429 truck engine should handle just about anything one can throw at it. It'd be kinda cool to have a Ford/Chevy rivalry again. Now c'mon now o58 dont them circle boats have enough buoy's to go around already with out adding a boat with a FORD? L 88's rule in those anyways wink

Blown 472
    058 what trucks did the steel cranks come in?? I am thinking a blown 429 might be kinda fun.

FLYTE RISK:
    058:
    SK48:
    And it's expensive to run a Ford, because the crank snout is not strong enough to run off the balancer. The guys that used to run Fords had to build them as reverse rotation motors for super stock. Would APBA allow a 429 Ford engine? The crank snout isn't an issue, there are two ways to solve that prob, the Boss 429 has a short thicker snout and the steel crank from the 429 truck engine should handle just about anything one can throw at it. It'd be kinda cool to have a Ford/Chevy rivalry again. Now c'mon now o58 dont them circle boats have enough buoy's to go around already with out adding a boat with a FORD? L 88's rule in those anyways wink Askeerd of the competition, Flyte? I thought someone like you would relish a chance to see some real competition. Besides, whats so great about watching a bunch of like boats run? Its like watching IRL or CART where ALL the cars are all the same and the only difference is setup and the driver. Boring! NASCAR is getting to be the same, they ain't stock cars anymore. I miss the old NASCAR of the 60s when they really were stock cars.>>>>>>>>>>>>Blown, most of the mid and all the heavy duty trucks [F-450 and up] have steel cranks. Check out the 370 too as it has the same stroke as a 429.

Blown 472
    370's come with steel cranks?? trucks like the f 600's and bob tailed stuff, what bout skool buses?

I would guess they would all be the same, check the parts catalog for what used which crank. Being a truck part they are prob. pretty cheap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast