Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIFFERENT PROP ?

blownschiada
    Tom,at the center of the cav plate handle adjustment of plates are set at 0 with a straight edge.How much are one of your props you are talking about?Would you use the same pitch & diamater? Is this a stainless prop or steel?If I went to a 12/16 would this bring the rpm down so I can make some more boost & go faster?

superdave013
    Originally posted by blownschiada:
    Superdave the strut is a 9 degree.The motor is 21 inches from transom and the vdrive is at 96inches.I really dont want to change the strut.Is it possible that the prop I am running could be causing the bow to lift?Are there other props that could make transom lift makeing the nose roll over???
    It sounds like you have the same strut that I have. I bet your's is a bolt on and not a drop through right? If it's like mine then it's not recessed into the bottom of the boat also. Your boat is doing just what boatguy222's dad is telling me that mine will do. It already was but will be much worse with the exth HP from what I'm told.
    I'm getting ready to order that 7.5 degree drop throuh strut myself.

V-Drive Tom
    Blownschiada, The best fix IS going to be the strut and v-drive placement.(7.5 strut and v-drive forward) To see what we can do with it this year we can try 12x16 two blade if you want. Prop is steel, cost is 750.00. When and if you change the strut, then the prop dia. will get smaller because you can't usually can't swing a 12 diameter. TOM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12