Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: enderle tuning question

Badburn
    Would I need the high speed bypass?? I was looking at this diagram and it is optional, what is it for?
    http://www.hilborninjection.com/PDF/installation.pdf
    If I undersand it right, the hi speed is optional, it bleeds off excess fuel pressure at high RPM (the pressure keeps increasing the higher you rev the mechanical pump) for increased power...lean is mean.
    I ran mine without one for a year of so, but installed it to pick up some top end MPH.

Fiat48
    ok, with alll that understood, what would I be changing by putting a different spring or a shim under the spring it these two poppet valves?
    If I understand this right, the valve in the main bypass is just to hold the main bypass closed for starting, thereby directing the fuel to the injectors until enough fuel pressure is built up to pop the valve open- then it stays open while the system is running. Would you agree with that?
    I dont really understand the purpose of the poppet valve in the idle bypass.
    I'm thinking if I can shut the idle bypass off a little sooner, it will cover the hesitation, and I can leave the barrel valve setting where it's at for a clean idle. Most of the time this engine is at idle while I'm driving to the store, the only time I throttle it is when the cops are chasing..can't have a hesitation then! :crossx: :crossx:
    Yes..the main poppet is just to hold closed until the motor starts. So no messing with that.
    Now the other poppet is now a "secondary"......and only functional at 1/4 throttle or less......so a stiffer spring in that will put more fuel to the motor than a lighter spring would. Consider this poppet as a "part throttle bypass".
    With this system as plumbed.....it is going to be a combination of the spring in the poppet on the secondary....and the barrell valve adjustment to get rid of the hesitation.
    Systems plumbed like this are for cars mostly....and staging a car on the starting line to keep the motor from loading up. But you have to find the balance to keep from a flat spot in the throttle.
    I ran a similar system in the drag cars with powerglides which worked much to my advantage in staging. I could idle in smooth and stage exactly where I wanted to. Since I was against the converter while staged...the motor stayed cleaner and left better. Yet if I yanked the throttle quick in the pits...I had a little hesitation.
    The flat hated this type of system and I had to go back to conventional Enderle plumbing.

Fiat48
    Would I need the high speed bypass?? I was looking at this diagram and it is optional, what is it for?
    http://www.hilborninjection.com/PDF/installation.pdf
    If you are using the small pump on alcohol....you will see little if any gain messing with a high speed. That is the beauty of the little pump. One less bell to answer.

Badburn
    Good info, thanks Fiat.

Blown 472
    If you are using the small pump on alcohol....you will see little if any gain messing with a high speed. That is the beauty of the little pump. One less bell to answer.
    What is a small pump? I am getting P150 with the injector.

Fiat48
    Pg 150. 7 gpm. Same as an enderle 80a-1.

Blown 472
    Pg 150. 7 gpm. Same as an enderle 80a-1.
    Would this pump work with alky for a 446 inch motor?

wsuwrhr
    This thread is worthless without pictures of the rest of the car.
    Damn tease.
    NICE
    Brian

Fiat48
    Would this pump work with alky for a 446 inch motor?
    Yes it will work just fine unless you would be driving a real tight blower 30% over or more (approx).

GofastRacer
    If I undersand it right, the hi speed is optional, it bleeds off excess fuel pressure at high RPM (the pressure keeps increasing the higher you rev the mechanical pump) for increased power...lean is mean.
    I ran mine without one for a year of so, but installed it to pick up some top end MPH.
    A quick explanation on a high speed, an engine reaches a point(rpm) where it will pass only so much air no matter how high you rev the engine, but the pump is positive and and all it knows is more rpm more fuel, so what the high speed does is release the extra fuel to keep it from getting fat on the top end!.. I think this made sense!..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast