Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why The F Do You Guys Put Turbos On Your Boats !?!?

Hallett19
    V-Drives are efficient enough to run with pretty mild HP right ?? If anything, us Jet guys need the extra ponies for our un-efficient jets!! Just wondering why you guys are so speed hungry.....that and I'm jealous you guys go so fast.

Kindsvater Flat
    Hallett19:
    V-Drives are efficient enough to run with pretty mild HP right ?? If anything, us Jet guys need the extra ponies for our un-efficient jets!! Just wondering why you guys are so speed hungry.....that and I'm jealous you guys go so fast. I don't think its really the speed, at least not for me. I like that "better hold on" rush of acceleration. But thats just me.

DUCKY
    The reason I am doing it, is so I can pull big ass gears and cruise at 60mph at 3000 rpm, or so... Not to mention they are the best mufflers made, and they look really cool...

So the engine will idle like a kitten until you nail it.

Kindsvater Flat
    058:
    So the engine will idle like a kitten until you nail it. I haven't seen this in awhile...

obnoxious001
    I have an engine with the " mufflers " for sale, as well as a brand new Gentry turbo kit (manifolds, intercooler, turbos and water cooled housings, and carb boxes)
    I may separate the engine if someone wants the turbo system off of it.
    agt001@aol.com
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/1001_engine.JPG[/img]

Infomaniac
    This is why I have a v-drive
    Fast enough to push the skin back on the face of a very fit 9 year old with the throttle barely cracked.
    No Turbo, just a small blower.
    [ March 18, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

GofastRacer
    Infomaniac:
    This is why I have a v-drive
    Fast enough to push the skin back on the face of a very fit 9 year old with the throttle barely cracked.
    No Turbo, just a small blower. That is too cool!..

Kindsvater Flat:
    058:
    So the engine will idle like a kitten until you nail it. I haven't seen this in awhile...
    KF, Its safely tucked away in the shop waiting for some decent weather then I'll drag it out...prob. for Rossi's outing...how 'bout you?

Kindsvater Flat
    Some idiot did some poor planning and scheduled his wedding that weekend. So I guess I'm out.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast