Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why The F Do You Guys Put Turbos On Your Boats !?!?

LVjetboy
    Needles bash sounds good to me SuperDave.
    Not sure when my boat will be ready. My engine builder now says end of April? Heads a choke point...RFE from Ohio...pistons and other parts on hold 'till then. Geez! Thing is, that's about 300+ hp. No exageration you know me, pretty sure about that. So my speed'll jump big time, no longer typical lake boat numbers...even though a lake boat still. Would've, should've, could've stuff you know. No guarantee. I place no value....until you see a pix of my GPS posted here.
    But I'm still a die hard numbers guy. Just wanted to compare my verified (mild engine) baseline to typical (mild engine) v-driver. Lake races are cool, and the ultimate test, but until then, GPS rules.
    jer

LVjetboy:
    But I'm still a die hard numbers guy. jer i'd have never guessed

LVjetboy
    Ok, I'm thinking order those gages now but wait...I can't. Just checked and order desk is closed Sat-Sun and online site can't do ordering...what's up with that? At least you got your Google Search back on top where it belongs instead of that stupid yacht site. Still, I'm thinking a company as big as Rex Marine should have 24 hour online order processing?
    jer
    [ March 22, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

Infomaniac
    LVjetboy:
    Also I seriously doubt any jet or v-drive will run 100 mph in rough water...copy?
    jer Don't make me post proof again.

Kindsvater Flat
    Don't make me post proof again.
    No need! I have them all saved to the hard drive

LVjetboy, You are a self-admitted die-hard numbers kind of guy...run these: 7200 engine rpm- multiply 1.37% o/d- 11.5" x 15/pitch prop. What speed did ya come up with?

Unchained
    FLYTE RISK:
    LV , and unchained take this crap back to the jet boat forum or bench racers! eek! You're right, Pardon my bad behavior.
    I'll buy you a beer if I see you at RB in May.
    Mark

superdave013
    Unchained:
    FLYTE RISK:
    LV , and unchained take this crap back to the jet boat forum or bench racers! eek! You're right, Pardon my bad behavior.
    I'll buy you a beer if I see you at RB in May.
    Mark Mark, How's the boat comming along?

Unchained
    superdave013
    How's the boat comming along? [/QB]Dave, Slow but steady progress. The hull is supposed to be done and ready to ship from TPR in Norco, Ca. but I haven't seen a picture of it. I thought about calling around to ask a local to take a picture of it for me but I hate to impose. Some folks that post here live right in Norco.
    After sending $$$$$.00 I'm real anxious to see the finished hull.
    I've got the engine apart down to the last nut and bolt for freshening up. The rings and bearings looked real good but the roller lifters were shot and one valve spring dampener was broke. I want to have the engine, turbo's, and EFI system totally done and ready to drop in when I go to pick the hull up from Hi-tech performance in KS.
    From boat's I've assembled one thing is sure,
    It will cost a lot more than I planned,
    It will take more time than I figured on,
    There will be numerous bugs to work out.
    I would sure like to run the drags a few times this year. Especially since I met some of the Blarney Island crowd last summer.
    Mark

superdave013
    Mark, PM me the address and phone # of that place. I'll call and see if we can get you some pics. I work with some people that live right by there. I can send my digi camera home with them one night. Or I'll just drive out there and take them myself.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast