Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Why The F Do You Guys Put Turbos On Your Boats !?!?

DUCKY
    LVjetboy:
    Ducky,
    ...Looking forward to your new numbers.
    jer ]
    Me too! I just dropped off my good parts at the machine shop this morning.

FLYTE RISK
    I can understand the turbo thing as far as gear goes but with that tall of a gear it will take a country mile to get the turbos to kick! In other words take a ford diesel for a ride put it in 3rd gear and take off you will see what i am sayin TURBO LAG as far as nos you better get it right or KABOOM!! I am sure there will be someone who disagree's but good luck!!!!

Flyte...It isn't that bad. They don't leave like they are shot out of a cannon but I think a country mile is a bit of a strech. My boat will start making boost at about 3K and with a 8.4 to 1 C/R perked up the lowend enought to at least keep the other guy in sight. I usually don't have too much trouble running 'em down as long as we are racing a full 1/4 mile and not a 500' lake race. wink

LVjetboy
    Now that's interesting...

DUCKY
    It won't leave like a drag boat, but the country mile thing is pushing it....
    As far as the juice goes, it will be on a throttle switch with an adjustable timer. It will only work at WOT, and for a pre-determined amount of time (like 3-5seconds), and will also have a switch that kills the juice if I am making boost. No Kaboom....

Unchained
    A big thanks to Havasu Hangin ( Jeff ) for driving way over to where my new boat was to get some pictures.

Mark

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678