Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So, does the freak'in plane fly?

LUVNLIFE
    Check it out. The plane must have air flow over the wings to produce lift. When the plane takes of from a standing start it pushes itself along the ground to reach a speed with enough airflow over the wings to give it lift. If it is sitting on a treadmill that travels the opposite way, this leaves the plane sitting still. It possibly may have a little forward motion, but not enough to create lift.

Moneypitt
    Check it out. The plane must have air flow over the wings to produce lift. When the plane takes of from a standing start it pushes itself along the ground to reach a speed with enough airflow over the wings to give it lift. If it is sitting on a treadmill that travels the opposite way, this leaves the plane sitting still. It possibly may have a little forward motion, but not enough to create lift.
    Only if the brakes are on, or the wheels removed, etc etc etc....#4 for sure.......If the plane didn't appear there out of "magic" then it must've ROLLED there. If it didn't roll there what was used to put the conveyer under it...Will it fly? IF it is otherwise able to fly, it will. If it is unable to fly then this whole exercise is useless, come to think of it, it's useless anyway you look at it..........MP

LUVNLIFE
    If the brakes are on it wouldn't move, the treadmill wouldn't move, and there would be no speed to make airflow over the wings to provide lift. And yes what use do we have for a plane that doesn't fly :rollside:

mickeyfinn
    The plane will fly, I can't believe people are still debating it. ***boat stupid.

LUVNLIFE
    The plane will fly, I can't believe people are still debating it. ***boat stupid.
    Yes it COULD fly, but not trying to take off from a treadmill spinning in the opposite way. We could always sit here and argue how the plane got on a tredmill to begin with. :rollside:

DSW
    Okay I think we should recruit one of the "ballerz" from the baller thread to lend us a plane for a small experiment :crossx:
    Hey that is what insurance is for right??? :hammerhea

deltaAce
    Yes it will fly, if theres enough airspeed under the conveyor to prevent belt friction. :rollside:

jimslade
    Whats the airspeed?

ratso
    Whats the airspeed?
    I thought zero...

hallettman
    if a plane were on a tread mill all it would be doing is spinning the wheels no lift would be created under the wings

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast