Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Vertex Mag-what's It Worth?

IMPATIENT 1
    I POSTED THIS IS GEARHEADS TOO, BUT I FIGURED SOME OF YOU BLOWER GUYS MIGHT RUN THEM, SO I'LL TRY HERE TOO:
    what's a vertex magneto for bbc worth?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i have a vertex mag and brand new monster recall mag tach that i'm thinkin about sellin and switching to all msd system. the mag. works perfect but i've always ran msd and will do the same on the tx, whata ya'll think a vertex mag @8-10yrs. old in perfect working order and the new tach are worth? i see mag's for 1k+ and the tach was expensive.thanks for any info guys, want to ask a fair price and sell it, not overprice it.
    the mag looks fine, the base needs polishing, the plug wires are shit and will be removed before sellin.i pulled it off my runnin tx-19.

Bobby Knight
    The mags dont seem to be worth that much anymore. I have a couple vertex mags myself, I do still run them, and keep one for a spare. Not the hottest spark, but very consistent and reliable. I see these mags for sale used from $225-$400 max. Good luck with the sale.Steve

Moneypitt
    The mags dont seem to be worth that much anymore. I have a couple vertex mags myself, I do still run them, and keep one for a spare. Not the hottest spark, but very consistent and reliable. I see these mags for sale used from $225-$400 max. Good luck with the sale.Steve
    I concur, their value has declined somewhat with all the exotic systems out there, but IMO they are still the most reliable spark provider going. I purchased 2, one was a freshly refurbished (Don Zig) unit, polished, and the other un polished but fully functional, both for $500. and was tickled to get them......MP
    PS: Both had new, genuine vertex, caps and rotors......$100.+ value, easy..

IMPATIENT 1
    so would askin 450.00 for both the good working magneto and new monster mag tach with recall be about rite or alittle high?

Moneypitt
    so would askin 450.00 for both the good working magneto and new monster mag tach with recall be about rite or alittle high?
    Autometer tach? If so, look at the web site for current "new" pricing, if not, then check which ever brand it is, they all have web sites. The mag, I don't think $250. is outa line, maybe $275. based on the polish. In a month or so I would give you $400. for both if you still have them.........Remember, I don't NEED them, just spares..........Ray

Well I guess my $50 bid for the Mag is out the window... Thanks Ray, you Mag hog... :cry:
    Steve

GofastRacer
    Well I guess my $50 bid for the Mag is out the window... Thanks Ray, you Mag hog... :cry:
    Steve
    Steve, YOU are going to need that and that's a DEAL!..

Fiat48
    Gofast if that is the blown deal we been chatting about....feel free to go with a Super Mag II or III. You lock em out anyway and I have found them dependable as the vertex. I think I have a couple spares.

GofastRacer
    Gofast if that is the blown deal we been chatting about....feel free to go with a Super Mag II or III. You lock em out anyway and I have found them dependable as the vertex. I think I have a couple spares.
    Yes it is, you had good luck with them huh, guess it's just me then I had two of them and one is in the river somwhere LOL.. We'll be talkin!..

dossangers
    Ive never had a problem with a refurbed zig vertex mag in 20 years there simple and reliable.I dont know if my boat will go faster with another mag Bubbys done alright over the years with a plain ol vertex!! :rollside: :rollside:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast