Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone arguing with the plane conveyor belt thing...

topless
    So what happens if 2 bitches and an ignorant slut are on the same treadmill?

Jbb
    Take off in a 757 from John Wayne airport....they do it every time....stand on the brakes, power up to full throttle, release the brakes, accelerate like crazy, then rotate and enjoy the steepest climb out you ever will in a commercial jet....It reaches 500 feet before in crosses the end of the runway.
    It's fun, a real e-ticket ride..... :idea:
    :rollside:
    I have been on many test flights in the 757. The first ones delivered were to the company I worked for....incredible climb rate....but nothing has ever set me back in my seat on a t/o run like an empty L1011...with an anxious flight crew...

Froggystyle
    They race outboard powered boats.

Froggystyle
    I am so seriously let down by anyone saying it actually won't fly and are serious about it.
    If you are claiming it won't fly, but are ****ing with everyone... please PM me so I don't continue thinking less of you. If you aren't screwing with everyone... here's your sign.

ratso
    I'm in on that if I can have the ignorant slut...

mickeyfinn
    I agree with everything said, but the question says the conveyor will match the SPEED of the airplane. Speed is a measurement of rate of movement. In order for your failure scenario to happen you would have to be basing the speed of the conveyor on the "calculated" speed based on wheel rpm. I don't ever remember seeing that type of speedometer on an airplane. So as long as everything could handle 2x the speed required for take off, everything would be normal. I doubt the additional wheel rpms would even be measurable in the cockpit from a power standpoint. If calculated wheel speed were used, the bearings and conveyor would have to be capable of running to infinity (up to the point of bearing or tire failure) since the wheels would always be ahead of the conveyor in speed.

Froggystyle
    I agree with everything said, but the question says the conveyor will match the SPEED of the airplane. Speed is a measurement of rate of movement. In order for your failure scenario to happen you would have to be basing the speed of the conveyor on the "calculated" speed based on wheel rpm. I don't ever remember seeing that type of speedometer on an airplane. So as long as everything could handle 2x the speed required for take off, everything would be normal. I doubt the additional wheel rpms would even be measurable in the cockpit from a power standpoint. If calculated wheel speed were used, the bearings and conveyor would have to be capable of running to infinity (up to the point of bearing or tire failure) since the wheels would always be ahead of the conveyor in speed.
    Right. It flies is the bottom line.
    I would like to locate whichever cretin first posed this question and poke them in the eye.

ratso
    If the speed of the conveyor matched the speed of the plane that it theoretically was moving, it ain't FUKKIN' HAPPENING... unless it's a FUKKIN' HARRIER or something like that. The plane will not take off because it's speed moving forward is ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Froggystyle
    If the speed of the conveyor matched the speed of the plane that it theoretically was moving, it ain't FUKKIN' HAPPENING... unless it's a FUKKIN' HARRIER or something like that. The plane will not take off because it's speed moving forward is ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See post #14 and apply.

BajaMike
    ....but nothing has ever set me back in my seat on a t/o run like an empty L1011...with an anxious flight crew...
    Sounds like fun.....I was the only passenger on a old LearJet24, taking off out of Chico....I asked the pilots "how steep can this climb?" They said "buckle up, we'll show you". Wow, seemed like it was going straight up, like a rocket, and 20,000 feet in about 2.5 minutes.....
    :idea:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast