Thread: GM Techs

Sleek-Jet
    OK... I've got a 93 Blazer that has a dealer installed keyless entry and anti-theft devise installed. I bought the truck used, and never did get the fob to use it. The anti-theft on the other hand, required me to turn on the parking lights to start the truck.
    Anyway, several months ago, all my interior lights quit working. After a little trouble shooting, I isolated the wire feeding the dome and map lights, along with the back lighting on the climate controll and dash sub panel. After I pulled the wire lose, I also noted that the anti theft quit working. My highly honed skills of deduction lead me to believe that the dome light wire circuit was tapped/spliced to power the box for the keyless entery and anti-theft. My guess is the splice fell apart, but I have yet to find it.
    So, I want to remove the keyless entry and anit-theft dealio, but have no idea where it's located or what it looks like. Any of you old service guys remember these things, and where they might be under the dash. Hell, if I just knew what it looked like I could probably pull it out. :idea:

Sleek-Jet
    My documentation shows it to be a VSS-200. If that helps.

Kachina26
    looks like a "code alarm", that's what it is with a gm label. Usually installed under the steering column. It'll look like it's out of place, some tech stuffed 'em up a little higher under the dash than others, but it's labled.

Sleek-Jet
    looks like a "code alarm", that's what it is with a gm label. Usually installed under the steering column. It'll look like it's out of place, some tech stuffed 'em up a little higher under the dash than others, but it's labled.
    OK, I'll go dig around tomorrow afternoon to see what I can find... :idea:
    It is a Goodwrench unit...

Kachina26
    OK, I'll go dig around tomorrow afternoon to see what I can find... :idea:
    It is a piece of shit...
    Got that right

Sleek-Jet
    Got that right
    I never was to impressed... but now that it isn't working at all... it's outa there.

Racer277
    I had a 94 with a similiar anti theft.
    Never used the anti theft.
    It left me stranded in Havi once.
    It was a small edge connector under the left hand side of the steering column. Once removed, everything worked as planned.