Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Naci Follow up Thread

Darrell's Bro
    As a Hot Boat novice, my ability to navigate through the morass of threads and postings is somewhat limited. Accordingly, I thought it best to start a thread that could consolidate the jungle of Naci Bash related threads. I hope this works.
    My degree is in economics. I say this not to bore you but to let you know that I have a woking knowledge of mathmatics. These math skills helped me understand what I saw this past weekend at Nacimiento.
    Saturday, in the Las Tablas section of the lake, I (using my fingers and toes) calculated the value of the impromptu dock that I was priviledged to spend the better part of the day on. We (all of us) were standing on a (plus or minus) two million dollar dock that had been assembled through a elaborately choreographed series of performance art like moves that tied boats to fenders to boats to anchors. Most impressive, is that all these series of sophisticated lashing maneuvers are completed by wobbly men holding a beer in one hand and a rope in the other.
    I learned a lot about boating this weekend. I learned that a large group of otherwise rational adults spend long grueling hours driving to distant locations, towing ridiculously expensive boats behind nearly as expensive vehicles. They arrive exhausted, but sleep only the life sustaining minimun number of hours before using the building block stacking skills they learned in their first two years of life to fit the absolute maximun number of beer cans possible into an ice chest that is then so heavy, that a minimum of two fully grown men are needed to move it. This beer stacking skill can not be overstated. In fact, in a recent study, researchers found that Nasa's top scientists could not stack beer cans more tightly than even an average skilled boater operating on limited sleep and unlimited alcohol.
    Once the beer has been stacked and stowed on board, the boaters travel very quickly, at speeds that guarantee the discomfort of all the boat's occupants. This speed pulls the boat passengers' faces back tighter than an Orange County house wife after her third face lift.
    I learned that these speeds are necessary to insure what may not, at first, be apparent to a boating novice. Namely, to guarantee that the boat, upon reacing its destination, can sit motionless for the maximum number of daylight hours thereby allowing the boaters sufficient time to unload the over burdened ice chests.
    All the while, the boater tries not to pass out from alcohol consumpion while waiting for someone elses wife to become so inebriated that she is overcome with the urge to shed her clothing. Important note here: the boater, while waiting for this peep show, must attempt to keep his own wife just below the blood/alcohol limit that would cause her to cast her own inhibitions, along with her clothing, to the wind.
    This weekend, I learned that boaters don't use their birth given names, instead opting for computer dating-like code names. Initially, I thought these code names were necessitated by an alcohol caused brain cell deficiency. But then, as I learned that boaters don't seem to be burdened with the types of jobs where attendance matters, I later switched to the theory that all boaters are in some sort of boater identity protection program. I'm still looking into this.
    I learned that CenCal (see I now use the code names too) has daughters that will instantly make you 1. Wish you were a Mormon polygamist. and 2. Start doing alimony calculations.
    Finally, and most importantly, I learned that none of my little brother's boating friends are as out of control as he is. That being the case, I would welcome anyone/everyone I met back for another Nacimiento weekend. But should it be for more days next time?
    We'll plan another "Bash", but in the interim, if you are going to Nacimiento let me know.
    Post notes, photos, etc. to this thread and I'll do the same.
    Thanks for a really fun weekend.
    Dale
    code name: Darrell's Bro

riverbound
    You know form an outsiders view, it would seem very odd the lifestyle we live. I read it and it made me want to go back to the lake. You are a great host and I would love to have the privalege to attend the next BAsh at your property. I will bring the rig again, but this time Im taking the bridge :frown:
    Thank You, if there is anythign I can do for you let me know.

jackpunx
    Dale,
    We met briefly..Your brother wanted me to give you a ride.. Sorry it didn’t work out..
    We get out to naci pretty often.. We should be back up for the fair..
    If your going to be there.. we'll have a very cool crew.. and your more than welcome to join us over on the Ranch. Hope to see you again soon.
    Mark
    :smile:

Reaper1
    That was a good post and pretty accurate at that. Hopefully I'll make the next one but for now I'll go back to stacking beer cans.

Speedin' Ian
    Great post Darrell's Bro, it appears you are really beginning to understand this boating community we love so dearly. I remember introducing myself Saturday morning by my "code name" and you looked at me as if I was crazy, but I am confident you now understand the importance of our code names.
    Thanks again for opening up your land to us, you have a great spot there!

boatslayer
    Dale,
    We met briefly..Your brother wanted me to give you a ride.. Sorry it didn’t work out..
    We get out to naci pretty often.. We should be back up for the fair..
    If your going to be there.. we'll have a very cool crew.. and your more than welcome to join us over on the Ranch. Hope to see you again soon.
    Mark
    :smile:
    hey focker i didnt get my ride yet either, :cry:

Robbie Racer
    Great post Dale. I can see your literary skills at work. Thanks again for the great hospitality last weekend.
    Keith & Maggie

boatslayer
    As a Hot Boat novice, my ability to navigate through the morass of threads and postings is somewhat limited. Accordingly, I thought it best to start a thread that could consolidate the jungle of Naci Bash related threads. I hope this works.
    My degree is in economics. I say this not to bore you but to let you know that I have a woking knowledge of mathmatics. These math skills helped me understand what I saw this past weekend at Nacimiento.
    Saturday, in the Las Tablas section of the lake, I (using my fingers and toes) calculated the value of the impromptu dock that I was priviledged to spend the better part of the day on. We (all of us) were standing on a (plus or minus) two million dock that had been assembled through a elaborately choreographed series of performance art like moves that tied boats to fenders to boats to anchors. Most impressive, is that all these series of sophisticated lashing maneuvers are completed by wobbly men holding a beer in one hand and a rope in the other.
    I learned a lot about boating this weekend. I learned that a large group of otherwise rational adults spend long grueling hours driving to distant locations, towing ridiculously expensive boats behind nearly as expensive vehicles. They arrive exhausted, but sleep only the life sustaining minimun number of hours before using the building block stacking skills they learned in their first two years of life to fit the absolute maximun number of beer cans possible into an ice chest that is then so heavy, that a minimum of two fully grown men are needed to move it. This beer stacking skill can not be overstated. In fact, in a recent study, researchers found that Nasa's top scientists could not stack beer cans more tightly than even an average skilled boater operating on limited sleep and unlimited alcohol.
    Once the beer has been stacked and stowed on board, the boaters travel very quickly, at speeds that guarantee the discomfort of all the boat's occupants. This speed pulls the boat passengers' faces back tighter than an Orange County house wife after her third face lift.
    I learned that these speeds are necessary to insure what may not, at first, be apparent to a boating novice. Namely, to guarantee that the boat, upon reacing its destination, can sit motionless for the maximum number of daylight hours thereby allowing the boaters sufficient time to unload the over burdened ice chests.
    All the while, the boater tries not to pass out from alcohol consumpion while waiting for someone elses wife to become so inebriated that she is overcome with the urge to shed her clothing. Important note here: the boater, while waiting for this peep show, must attempt to keep his own wife just below the blood/alcohol limit that would cause her to cast her own inhibitions, along with her clothing, to the wind.
    This weekend, I learned that boaters don't use their birth given names, instead opting for computer dating-like code names. Initially, I thought these code names were necessitated by an alcohol caused brain cell deficiency. But then, as I learned that boaters don't seem to be burdened with the types of jobs where attendance matters, I later switched to the theory that all boaters are in some sort of boater identity protection program. I'm still looking into this.
    I learned that CenCal (see I now use the code names too) has daughters that will instantly make you 1. Wish you were a Mormon polygamist. and 2. Start doing alimony calculations.
    Finally, and most importantly, I learned that none of my little brother's boating friends are as out of control as he is. That being the case, I would welcome anyone/everyone I met back for another Nacimiento weekend. But should it be for more days?
    We'll plan another "Bash", but in the interim, if you are going to Nacimiento let me know.
    Post notes, etc. to this thread and I'll do the same.
    Thanks for a really fun weekend.
    Dale
    code name: Darrell's Bro
    hey Dale it was awsome u leting us use ur property for our first Naci Bash,
    it was nice meetin u too, ur a pritty cool guy, me u and Darrel will be descusing the next Naci Bash shortly

JB in so cal
    Too Funny. True, but funny!
    Of course, it doesn't remotely sound like me 'cause I have a built-in ice chest. :redface:

riverroyal
    something so creative,thats good stuff

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast