Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hogan Blower Tunnel Ram

VDRIVERACING
    Are they worth $4500 ??? I see these on drag cars, but do they have payback for a GN setup with 8-71 and 1150's?

gottaminute?
    if it is fabricated it wont be legal in GN. worth it or not , I dunno.
    :crossx:
    pat

GofastRacer
    Nope not worth it at all, and the ones I've seen were fabbed so they're not legal for GN!..

Taylorman
    Whats GN?

blowngas
    have a friend that has one-----600+ cu in dart chevy----big chief heads----bought a pair of barry grant dominators that were supposed to have been "tuned"-----the motor backfired, and bent the manifold!!!-----was a good thing barry grant didn't live in texas!!!-----this was probably 10 years ago when wasn't many intakes out there for big chiefs-----they are really nice looking pieces-----not sure I would spend for one unless it was a one off for some super tall deck, and then would still consider using spacers on a good dart tunnelram

DEL51
    The only place a blower type sheet metal intake should or would be used is where an existing intake is not available. A modification of a symetrtrical port tunnel ram to mount a belt driven on the top blower.Standard head motors have 2 options. A flat floor with no plenum mods except the floor might have a bubble in the center or a tent type. The tent is a horizontal divider with a peak below the discharge of 1 to 2 inches.I am currently checking out intake mods to the tent type to improve the power.

VDRIVERACING
    I have a tent floor BDS manifold - works OK.... Didn't find any language in the APBA rulebook specifically forbidding a fabricated intake. You guys sure about this?

GofastRacer
    Whats GN?
    Grand National!..

lilrick
    I have a tent floor BDS manifold - works OK.... Didn't find any language in the APBA rulebook specifically forbidding a fabricated intake. You guys sure about this?
    Hay Bill, ask some of the GN guys. Ben Marrone, Joey Cucci, Larry, etc. I'm sure they'll know.

obnoxious001
    if it is fabricated it wont be legal in GN. worth it or not , I dunno.
    :crossx:
    pat
    You should probably PM Pat. I believe that is Pat Hoban, owner of GN30 and some kind of former or current tech inspector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast