Thread: Sanger Hydro

infotraker
    I am looking at buying a 1978 Sanger hydro with 454 BBC (.60 over), tunnel with 2 750 hollies, motor is completely rebuilt. It has a racing buttom and ski top with standard rudder (for ~8.5K$) Will this boat be ok for occassional skiing ? I am going for a ride next week. I have had a Schiad flat since 1968 and always wanted to get a hydro. Any input from anyone would be appreciated.

superdave013
    The only input I have is pucker up and hang on!

ponponracing
    Biesemeyer, Revenge, DeCucci, or whatever the name of the copy of the original Biesemeyer make very nice pleasant pleasure boats. They handle very good and they are forgiving.

superdave013
    ponponracing, What's that have to do with a sanger hydro? Oh, i love an old Biesemeyer as much as anybody but calling them a nice pleasant pleasure boat is just wrong. They are kick ass flatbottoms! Face it, just a raw bad ass flatbottom that is just begging for some big alki hp to scare the shit out of any one that goes for a ride! whoo hoo!

ponponracing
    Superdave, you are right, I goofed with this one. Simply didn't catch the word hydro. Thanks for mentionning.