Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nashvillebound / Riverotter

cola
    I have a friend that want's retire in your state "on the water". She said something about Tims Ford lake. They have never been back there. They also are thinking about South Carolina. They have a sail boat here and are selling it and thinking about a toon and a small sail boat later. There house closes in March. Any help you two might have would be great.
    Thanks, Mike

RiverOtter
    I have never been to Tims Ford but I hear it's beautiful, clean, deep not crowded. Having vacationed in SC before it's hot and humid as most SE states are but they have gnats and big azz skeeters. SC is a beautiful part of the country but the water in the ocean, bay, rivers is murkey.
    I live in Chattanooga and the TN river runs through the middle of the city. The TN River is dammed and used for power generation. But all the dams have navigable locks. So I can and have taken my boat from Chatt to Knoxville, TN for football games. I have friends who have taken their boats from Knoxville, TN to the Gulf Of Mexico and then on to the FL Keys. Our River and Lakes are not crowded at all. As long as you stay away from the cities the lake lots / house are still very affordable. The closer you get to the cities the more expensive the lots / houses are.
    If they want more info on my side of the state send me a PM and I'll help in any way I can.
    Check out this link: www.TennesseeLakeInfo.com

blackcloud75
    I live in Chattanooga and the TN river runs through the middle of the city. The TN River is dammed and used for power generation. But all the dams have navigable locks. So I can and have taken my boat from Chatt to Knoxville, TN for football games.
    VOLS better step it up next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A bunch(10-12) of us WEST COASTERS go back for the home games in Knoxville at least 5-6 times a year. We've met some people who are a part of the VOL Navy. They used my place in AZ. last year. Cool Peeps back there.
    See ya' in the fall!
    BC75

cola
    I live in Chattanooga and the TN river runs through the middle of the city. The TN River is dammed and used for power generation. But all the dams have navigable locks. So I can and have taken my boat from Chatt to Knoxville, TN for football games. I have friends who have taken their boats from Knoxville, TN to the Gulf Of Mexico and then on to the FL Keys.
    Check out this link: www.TennesseeLakeInfo.com
    They like this river also. She though it would be nice to take a sail boat down to the Gulf.
    Know of any homes on the river for sale.
    Thanks, Mike

Outnumbered
    www.realtor.com
    if you go to the detail search you can search for waterfront. this stuff is linked to MLS. pretty good info

Outnumbered
    Here is about the best site for lakefront. I sold my house in Lake Arrowhead using this site. Works great.
    www.lakehouse.com

Outnumbered
    $30,000 For Sale
    Lake: Tims Ford
    MLS #
    Winchester, Tennessee 37398
    County:
    (MAP IT with Mapquest)
    (MAP IT with Yahoo)
    (MAP IT with Google Maps)
    Lake Front Lots: TIMS FORD LAKE - 91 MILES TO DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE Price Range: $30,000 - $130,000. Gorgeous Lake View Lots. Lake Community with deeded Dock Tie Up. City Water, City Sewer, Gas, Curbs and Gutters. Boat Ramp and Community Dock. Lot Sizes Range: .240 - .55 / Most Lots are located on the Lake.
    Type: Lot
    Bedrooms:
    Bathrooms:
    Garage:
    Stories:
    Sq.Ft.:
    Lot Size: .240 - .55
    AgeofHome:
    Fireplaces:
    Heat/AC:
    Siding:
    Roof:
    Yard:
    Utilities:
    Property Taxes: tbd
    Water View? Yes
    Waterfront? Yes
    Water frontage: yes
    Added on: Oct 06, 2005
    Updated on: Oct 06, 2005
    Virtual Tour: http://www.see-a-home.com
    Chuck Nelson, Broker
    View my other listings (I have 1 total)
    Grassland Real Estate
    Send an email
    (615)491-6119
    Please say you found it on LAKEHOUSE.COM!
    Visit our Website
    http://www.see-a-home.com
    See a map of the AREA
    (This may not show the exact location)
    This ad has been viewed by 3083 people.
    This is Ad No. 7356.
    All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.

RiverOtter
    VOLS better step it up next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A bunch(10-12) of us WEST COASTERS go back for the home games in Knoxville at least 5-6 times a year. We've met some people who are a part of the VOL Navy. They used my place in AZ. last year. Cool Peeps back there.
    See ya' in the fall!
    BC75
    You mean the "Couldn't make it to even the most obscure bowl Vols"? Man they really stunk it up this season. Great thing about Knoxville. Even when the Vols suck they still got the Vol Navy . That's so cool that you've been there. I've done that trip from Chattanooga by boat 5 times. Never get tired of it. Maybe we'll se ya in the fall.

RiverOtter
    They like this river also. She though it would be nice to take a sail boat down to the Gulf.
    Thanks, Mike
    Yes, I just sold my lot on the river :cry: . (made an arse load of $'s thought ). Here are some links to 2 of the realtors that "Specialize" in waterfront properties. And there is the Chattanooga area mls. Problem with the mls here is you can't do a waterfront search. You just have to know were the waterfront areas are.
    www.cheriewelsh.com
    www.jamescorealestate.com
    www.chattanoogamls.net

RiverOtter
    Thanks, Mike
    Oh yeah.... Ironically a lady that worked for us years ago turned in her notice, she and her husband sold all their crap moved on to their sailboat, and sailed it to Boca Raton, FL. She would email us updates about the trip from her laptop. I was sooooo jealous

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast