Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat "Adopt a Trail" Idea...

Froggystyle
    Hey folks. I used to be involved in a club in SoCal called "Scouts West". We all ran International Harvester Scouts and went 'wheeling all the time to various runs and such.
    One of the cool things we had was an official "Adopt-A-Trail" in San Bernadino county. What it was, was a US Forest service access road that we agreed to "maintain" with the forest service's help and make sure it was open for use in case of fires or rescues or whatever. Essentially, every now and then, we did a run with a Forrestry truck and cleared fallen logs, boulders and such from the trail.
    The one in San Berdoo was really good. Mellow in spots, gnarly in spots. Left up the hill somewhere around Foothill and landed back near the 15 way up by the exit before Glen Helen. We had a blast.
    Anyway, there are enough Rhino and off-road enthusiasts on the forum for us to get a group together and do an adopt-a-trail locally if we wanted to. I would "sponsor" the project from a time-committed standpoint if people were interested.
    What it essentially did was give us great access to a very cool trail out in the middle of nowhere in exchange for rare labor. We always had a blast, and even trundleing the rocks down the valley was a blast. We camped regularly and all got together for runs whenever.
    I am going to start trying to find a trail if anyone is down. I would obviously prefer the San Diego area, but I am down with anywhere within 2 hours.
    Anyone interested? Rhinos, Jeeps, bikes etc...

Her454
    Wes, that is a great idea! I would be all for it if I lived in So Cal. I'd love to do something like that in Nor Cal if we could get enough ***boaters that wheeled.

67weimann
    maybe you'd have better luck here...4x4 wire (http://www.4x4wire.com/forums)

Debbolas
    hey Wes, I was a trail crew foreman with the Forest Service in the late 70's...let me know if you need any help
    I worked on the Pacific Crest Trail through Lytle Creek, San Bernardino :crossx:

Froggystyle
    maybe you'd have better luck here...4x4 wire (http://www.4x4wire.com/forums)
    There are hundreds I can join, I am looking to hang with boaters though. We can do our own if there is interest...

djunkie
    I'd like to hear more about this. Would be nice to have somewhere close to make day trips, or even overnight trips to.

Her454
    I cant believe there isn't more interest in this in So Cal?

shadow
    Hey folks. I used to be involved in a club in SoCal called "Scouts West". We all ran International Harvester Scouts and went 'wheeling all the time to various runs and such.
    One of the cool things we had was an official "Adopt-A-Trail" in San Bernadino county. What it was, was a US Forest service access road that we agreed to "maintain" with the forest service's help and make sure it was open for use in case of fires or rescues or whatever. Essentially, every now and then, we did a run with a Forrestry truck and cleared fallen logs, boulders and such from the trail.
    The one in San Berdoo was really good. Mellow in spots, gnarly in spots. Left up the hill somewhere around Foothill and landed back near the 15 way up by the exit before Glen Helen. We had a blast.
    Anyway, there are enough Rhino and off-road enthusiasts on the forum for us to get a group together and do an adopt-a-trail locally if we wanted to. I would "sponsor" the project from a time-committed standpoint if people were interested.
    What it essentially did was give us great access to a very cool trail out in the middle of nowhere in exchange for rare labor. We always had a blast, and even trundleing the rocks down the valley was a blast. We camped regularly and all got together for runs whenever.
    I am going to start trying to find a trail if anyone is down. I would obviously prefer the San Diego area, but I am down with anywhere within 2 hours.
    Anyone interested? Rhinos, Jeeps, bikes etc...
    Wes if this doesn't work out for you or not enough interest,Maybe you could sponsor a group to come out here and pick up all the trash from the Channel
    after holiday weekends.
    Bonus is you can drive your Rhino down to the Channel.
    Trident could be the leader of the industry.

Froggystyle
    Wes if this doesn't work out for you or not enough interest,Maybe you could sponsor a group to come out here and pick up all the trash from the Channel
    after holiday weekends.
    Bonus is you can drive your Rhino down to the Channel.
    Trident could be the leader of the industry.
    Sounds great. Instead though, I plan on avoiding Havasu whenever possible.
    I would actually much rather be in Havasu during the winter than the summer. Too many Yeabros and blacksocks around for my liking.

Froggystyle
    I am suprised there isn't more interest in this with all of the 'froaders in here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast