Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gel coat restore

mrgoslow
    danka

socalmoney
    How do you know when enough sanding is enough and it's time to move on to another spot. My gel is 26 years old and I am pretty sure the only thing that has been done to it is a simple wax job. Taking sandpaper to my boat kind of freaks me out.

Try the rolite first, i think alot of you guys might be suprised at the outcome!
    I was amazed again today when buffing out the twins old boat from out at Big River (red and white eliminator) minor sanding w/1500 and polishing was almost effortless! Not cheap though,...not @ 192$ a gal but i am sure you can get it cheaper by the qt.
    also the sea breeze is no slouch as far as compount @ almost 20 bucks for a pt.
    Todd

squirt'nmyload
    i just did mine this afternoon with 1500 wet, then waxed it and it came out good.....she's shiney http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...d/biggrin2.gif

mrgoslow
    well this project opened up into a can of worm quick. would love to post pic but forgot password to image center. been waiting since yesterday for the reset. the cream color boat should really bright yellow. i have a pic thats worth "1000 words". only manual labor can cure it now. anywho, the test area turned out sweet

Bow Tie Omega
    I think a guy named havasau barney is available for advise.
    Yeah ask me about Havasu Barney and what I got for $8500. If you want a gel coat that cracks in 20 something different places or the bottom of your boat to break apart on you, then yes, ask him for advise If you want it done right, go to someone else.
    Yes, I will bitch about him forever, every chance I get. Learn from my very expensive mistake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12