Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil drain plug.

Dominator Scott
    I am about finished with my dad's Sanger but one thing that I can't stand is right now when changing the oil you have to pull the drain plug,let it drain into the bilge and then out the hull drain hole. Then when thats finished the bilge has to be cleaned and it's a pain in the azz.
    I want to hook up some kind of drain hose and fitting to the oil pan but it's a tight fit between the oil pan plug and the motor mount on this 460. Any idea's?

El Prosecutor
    I am about finished with my dad's Sanger but one thing that I can't stand is right now when changing the oil you have to pull the drain plug,let it drain into the bilge and then out the hull drain hole. Then when thats finished the bilge has to be cleaned and it's a pain in the azz.
    I want to hook up some kind of drain hose and fitting to the oil pan but it's a tight fit between the oil pan plug and the motor mount on this 460. Any idea's?
    There are two good ways - one is to use a shop vac to catch the oil as it pours out, the other is to buy one of these . . .
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...2drain_kit.jpg
    . . . and run the pigtail out the transom drain.

eek-a-RAT
    the hose way is the way mine is set up. (chevy) it has a 90 angle on the hose at the oil pan, then i stick one of those hand pumps on the hose or you can stick some controled air (from compresser) into the dipstick tube or in the valve cover filler hole & it saves ya from pumpin. i cant think of any other way except maybe put on a petcock on the drain plug itself.
    the kind that are on radiators (ol skool) that have a lil shoulder on the
    end so you can slide in a hose.
    how close is it? mine is close too. mines a chevy. i can get a pic up in a bit to show ya how close.

rex marine has a set-up that takes care of that . I have it . It's awsome .
    http://www.rexmar.com/page273.html
    It's right next to "oil drain kits and fittings"
    -beerjet-

rex marine has a set-up that takes care of that . I have it . It's awsome .
    http://www.rexmar.com/page273.html
    It's right next to "oil drain kits and fittings"
    -beerjet-
    Wow ! I'm slow.

sanger mike
    I made mine with an fittings and soft braided line. I wanted a stronger hose incase it were to rub a hole or burst.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...100706_012.jpg

wsuwrhr
    I am an idiot, I just pull the motor. Takes about the same amount of time.
    Brian

Dominator Scott
    Just went to my local marina and picked up an oil drain kit for the Sanger. Cost a little more than the one from Rex Marine but after shipping cost's it was about the same and I have it now instead of the end of the week. :rollside:

El Prosecutor
    Just went to my local marina and picked up an oil drain kit for the Sanger. Cost a little more than the one from Rex Marine but after shipping cost's it was about the same and I have it now instead of the end of the week. :rollside:
    WHAT??? TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :crossx:

Dominator Scott
    WHAT??? TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :crossx:
    Patience isn't one of my strong points. Plus I am a little miffed at Rex Marine right now after my place diverter purchase. I was told that the diverter would come with everything I needed to install it and it didn't. I was short a hyme joint and they wanted an additional $25.00 for the hyme joint plus shipping. Ended up getting one at my local Napa auto parts for $8.00.
    Oh well guess it's just the name of the game. I'll get over it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast