Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil drain plug.

OverKill
    That's what I say just pull the motor you don't even have to put it on the stand. Just level it off from the engine hoist and pull the plug let the old shit drain into a bucket and get on with life.

67weimann
    Ol skool...I just lift the motor enough to get the drain pan under and pull the filter.

Dominator Scott
    Well I got the drain plug hose kit installed last night and my god what a pain in the azz!!!!! Couldn't see the damn thing to tighten it up so it was a wrench by brail session. The only way I could tighten it was to use a ratchet with a swivel and 12" long extension,hold the socket on the bolt since I couldn't see the damn thing and slowly tighten it up. Thank god it never has to be removed. :burningm: But at least oil changes will be much cleaner now and I won't have to wash the bilge out after every oil change. :yuk:

El Prosecutor
    Well I got the drain plug hose kit installed last night and my god what a pain in the azz!!!!! Couldn't see the damn thing to tighten it up so it was a wrench by brail session. The only way I could tighten it was to use a ratchet with a swivel and 12" long extension,hold the socket on the bolt since I couldn't see the damn thing and slowly tighten it up. Thank god it never has to be removed. :burningm: But at least oil changes will be much cleaner now and I won't have to wash the bilge out after every oil change. :yuk:
    I had a similar experience installing mine. I had an intake screw coming up directly below my drain plug that I had to saw off to make it fit. Now every time we change our oil we will REALLY appreciate the convenience though, eh?

Dominator Scott
    I had a similar experience installing mine. I had an intake screw coming up directly below my drain plug that I had to saw off to make it fit. Now every time we change our oil we will REALLY appreciate the convenience though, eh?
    Exactly. I was half tempted to drain the oil back out just to see the benefit of this thing. Actually I have an electric oil change pump that I will hook up to the drain hose and suck the oil out right quick. :boxed:

I use trash bags to catch the oil and a hack saw to cut the filters open....old skool.

OverKill
    cs19 what way do you cut your oil filters long way or in half. I have to cut mine open so I thought I would ask.. Thanks

Dominator Scott
    I use trash bags to catch the oil and a hack saw to cut the filters open....old skool.
    Or you could spend $30 and just put a drain hose on it and be done with it. I hate messing with oil changes and crap like that so I want it as simple and fast as possible. Would rather spend time turning a wrench to add performance gains and not waste time changing the oil and cleaning up the mess. Call me lazy I guess.

olbiezer
    evey boat i have had with that set up has had a hose that was about a foot or so too short to get it out the plug hole in the back of the boat......guess i am just lazy.......i do like the idear of it though...... :rollside:

Dominator Scott
    evey boat i have had with that set up has had a hose that was about a foot or so too short to get it out the plug hole in the back of the boat......guess i am just lazy.......i do like the idear of it though...... :rollside:
    That was the first thing I checked. Hose extends about 6" through the transom drain hole.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast