Thread: howard runner bottoms

Anyone have one or know anything about them? There used to be a t-deck runner for sale in the classifieds, I think the name of the boat was hot headed. Great looking boat. How do they compare to the other flats? Never really hear any info on howard. My dad ordered a howard 22' family ski boat with open bow, 502, bravo 1 drive two years ago. This is one bitchen ride. After a few mods it runs 78mph on gps. The workmanship is superior and the boat rides very stable at any speed. The flats the same way?

HavasuDreamin'
    Good question. I saw the hot headed boat as well a few months back in the classified section. Ron Braaksma has an advertisement in the back of Hot Boat Magazine indicating that he lays them up now. My guess is that they run well. Anyone else?

Gunslinger, Mike Lewis bought the Hot Headed boat and now prowls the lakes of Nor Cal looking for unsuspecting victims. He is seen mostly at Berryessa smoking outboards.

Ian
    My friend runs a howard runner with an alcohol injected 540. He has been running the boat for over 15 years, and the only times it ever got squirely was when he came off the plate to quick. If I'm not mistaken, the Howard runner and the Cole TR2 were both splash's off of the Hondo runner

Seems many makers splashed the hondo. Once you own one it's easy to see why. They just kick ass. Who owns one of the 2" brendella runners? How do they handle?

gunslinger, I had a Brendella 2" a while back. They handle great if you move the prop back from the strut about a inch. Ok for the lake, but you can't run any races with it that way because of the 1/2 inch rule.

gunslinger, I have a 88 Howard now, love it, rides nice.

Jetboatguru, outboard= EGG BEATER!!!!!

Kurtis500
    My friend has an 89' Howard runner also. Very nice boat. I believe Braaksma makes them now, and 'High Risk' taf is one. I think it even holds a record, not sure though..