Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yikes

PHOTOGLOU
    WASHINGTON (AP) - More than half a (m) million S-U-Vs are being investigated by federal safety experts, worried about the risk of engine fires.
    Ford Escapes and Mazda Tributes from model years 2001, 2002 and 2003 are being looked at. The government says it's already got eight complaints of fires breaking out around the anti-lock braking system's electronic control module. Five of those fires occurred after the vehicles were parked.
    Ford says it hasn't heard of anyone being hurt, and that it's cooperating in the investigation. Both Ford and the feds say this has nothing to do with an investigation into engine fires in some newer trucks, vans and S-U-Vs. Nearly six (m) million of those Fords were recalled.

djunkie
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Jyruiz
    That sucks.

djunkie
    That sucks.
    Yes it does. Thank God for Homeowners insurance

Nord
    WASHINGTON (AP) - More than half a (m) million S-U-Vs are being investigated by federal safety experts, worried about the risk of engine fires.
    Ford Escapes and Mazda Tributes from model years 2001, 2002 and 2003 are being looked at. The government says it's already got eight complaints of fires breaking out around the anti-lock braking system's electronic control module. Five of those fires occurred after the vehicles were parked.
    Ford says it hasn't heard of anyone being hurt, and that it's cooperating in the investigation. Both Ford and the feds say this has nothing to do with an investigation into engine fires in some newer trucks, vans and S-U-Vs. Nearly six (m) million of those Fords were recalled.
    Bet your glad your slinging Chevy's right now.........

PHOTOGLOU
    Chevy has had it's share of problems..... But I think last year was the year that Ford will be going through for the next 12 months...... THEN the battle will be on again......

Sleek-Jet
    The gov't has already got??? Oh my... is this the quality of copy the AP is putting out these days??
    How about "the gov't has already recieved eight complaints."
    I don't mind messy grammer or spelling in the forums, but what happened to a writer's pride in his or her craft??

Tom Brown
    I used to think Saab made a great car, although I've never owned one. A friend had a 900S and another friend had a 9000, both several years ago. Both seemed like beautiful cars.
    I rent a lot of cars. I've got an 07 Malibu right now. It's really a poor car. I'd rather have a Hyundai Elantra. The times I've gotten an Elantra have been pleasantly surprising.
    On a side note, do any of the Malibus have radios that work? My city is only about 12 miles across. I'm used to good reception for the first hour of any trip out of town. This thing is fading in and out in town, crevealing the last Malibu I had wasn't broken.

Desert Rat
    Tom thats because the big three ship all of the crap the US doesn't want North!! :crossx:

Jbb
    Brown's hairpiece is being recalled too,the "Canatard mulletmaster 6000"...........some kinda spontaneous combustion issue as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast