Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for RHINO owners

Nautitwins2
    Lets just say that I wanted to buy one for use around town. In AZ they can be made street legal.
    Questions.
    1. Saftey. What are you adding to become more secure?
    2. Theft. What can be done to deter people from stealing it? Club, kill Switch etc....
    3. Tires. Do they make an All-terrain type tire?
    Thanks in advance. I am looking to build something mainly for around town, with the bi-monthly off road trip.
    4. The rear seat is a must, but do you guys add springs to carry heavier loads.
    5. Can you launch and retrieve a boat with it. HONESTLY???? (21 Nautique)

djunkie
    1. Saftey. What are you adding to become more secure?
    Better belts, side protection is a big plus for safety along with offset wheels to make it a little more stable in turns.
    2. Theft. What can be done to deter people from stealing it? Club, kill Switch etc....
    Any of those might work. I bought a Kryptonite cable lock for mine just in case. But get theft in your insurance just in case.
    3. Tires. Do they make an All-terrain type tire?
    Some of the guys that are racing are running a BFG All Terrain tire on there Rhinos for racing. Might fit you well.
    Thanks in advance. I am looking to build something mainly for around town, with the bi-monthly off road trip.
    4. The rear seat is a must, but do you guys add springs to carry heavier loads.
    With kids in the back you should be fine but it may bottom out a little offroad. If you plan on taking adults in the back than I'd be carefull.
    5. Can you launch and retrieve a boat with it. HONESTLY???? (21 Nautique)
    Honestly? I'd say no. But others will disagree with me on this. I think its not safe personally.

Cole Trickle
    1.)I would add 4/5 point belts for all occupants.
    I would get a new stronger cage designed to hold a rear seat.
    Leg Minders
    2.)Alarm,Quick dissconect wheel,store in locked garage
    3.) I believe they do but you have to run a 26-27" tire.
    4.) You can get aftermarket shocks that will support more weight in the rear.
    5.) I would probably launch that boat as long as the ramp was nice and level.
    You need to check out Froggystyles thread. You guys sound like you are looking at accomplishing the same goals.

sigepmock
    For what you're looking at doing I'd look at the Polaris Ranger, the Kawasaki Mule and the Rhino.
    They all have benefits and down sides. The Mule is the slowest but a lot cheaper. The Ranger is big and the best all around vehicle stock. It can fit three people across no problem. The Rhino is the most nimble and easiest to upgrade, but the Ranger aftermarket parts are catching up fast. Best thing to do is ride in each one and decide what will work best for you.
    Most are adding after market cages, and four or five point seatbelts. Front and Rear bumpers are nice and better seating all help.
    There a quite a few all terrain style tires out there like the golf cart styles. Also with a 14" rim you can get a set of BFG All Terrains on a Rhino.
    You can add an alarm or do a removable steering wheel.
    For the rear seats be careful the added weight really affects handling. I have an aftermarket suspension that uses heavier rear springs, although before this I simply cranked up the pre-load on the stock springs.
    I think a 21 Nautique would be no problem on all but the slipperiest ramps. Just watch the tounge weight.

Nautitwins2
    1.)I would add 4/5 point belts for all occupants.
    I would get a new stronger cage designed to hold a rear seat.
    Leg Minders
    2.)Alarm,Quick dissconect wheel,store in locked garage
    3.) I believe they do but you have to run a 26-27" tire.
    4.) You can get aftermarket shocks that will support more weight in the rear.
    5.) I would probably launch that boat as long as the ramp was nice and level.
    You need to check out Froggystyles thread. You guys sound like you are looking at accomplishing the same goals.
    He has a bigger check book then me. LOL.
    Thanks for the responses. So it would be left in grocery store parking lots and the like, that is why I was worried about the theft part. My wife wants to be able to take the kids to school and run errands. It just seems to make more sense to drive this then a big vehicle around town.

Nautitwins2
    For what you're looking at doing I'd look at the Polaris Ranger, the Kawasaki Mule and the Rhino.
    They all have benefits and down sides. The Mule is the slowest but a lot cheaper. The Ranger is big and the best all around vehicle stock. It can fit three people across no problem. The Rhino is the most nimble and easiest to upgrade, but the Ranger aftermarket parts are catching up fast. Best thing to do is ride in each one and decide what will work best for you.
    Most are adding after market cages, and four or five point seatbelts. Front and Rear bumpers are nice and better seating all help.
    There a quite a few all terrain style tires out there like the golf cart styles. Also with a 14" rim you can get a set of BFG All Terrains on a Rhino.
    You can add an alarm or do a removable steering wheel.
    For the rear seats be careful the added weight really affects handling. I have an aftermarket suspension that uses heavier rear springs, although before this I simply cranked up the pre-load on the stock springs.
    I think a 21 Nautique would be no problem on all but the slipperiest ramps. Just watch the tounge weight.
    That is what I was worried about. Hooking it on and just watching the rear suspension breaking in half does not sound like fun.

racecar.hotshoe
    1.Saftey. What are you adding to become more secure?
    WIDER IS BETTER!

BigDoug
    We go to the grocery store and wall-mart all the time here in Havasu, i only hope someone doesn't steal it, i feal safe doing it though !!

Nautitwins2
    We go to the grocery store and wall-mart all the time here in Havasu, i only hope someone doesn't steal it, i feal safe doing it though !!
    I was thinking that a kill switch would work. I also like the cable idea, to tie it up like a bike. Alarm I think would be overkill, because who really listens for them anymore.

BigDoug
    A hidden kill switch would be very nice and functional too, i think that is what im going to have to rig up !!.............good idea :idea:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast