Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for RHINO owners

Nautitwins2
    Everyone has favorites, but I will tell you this... Brian at www.longtravelrhino.com has been extremely productive for me with regard to building, modifying and tricking out the Rhino so it will easily tow the boat. From suspension design, re-inforcement, bumpers and placement, clutch work and shock springs/valving he has really made it an easy deal for us.
    We haven't launched the Revolution yet with it in the current state. We did it before stock and it did fine, but squatted really badly. The new suspension doesn't squat now, and it rides amazingly well considering how stiff it is.
    If you tow with it, electric brakes are mandatory in my opinion. You will have a tough time backing down the ramp safely without them. Going forward, the surge brakes work fine, but who wants to get towed into the water by the boat? Not me. Convert the boat to electric brakes, put a controller in the Rhino and end the concerns.
    I will have some more information about the tow capabilities here shortly. We will be doing some extensive testing with the new BFG All-Terrains that came in today. Brian can hook you up with the wheels for them too (14" Climax from Motosportalloys.com)
    Best of luck. Let me know if you need anything. I will tell you to call Brian...
    Thanks Wes! Do have a pic of the BFG's? And good advice on the surge brakes.

2Driver
    Thanks Wes! Do have a pic of the BFG's? And good advice on the surge brakes.
    Remember much of the suspension in a UTV/ATV comes from the tires. I suspect the BFG's will take all if not most of that away and give you a very hard ride. All ok if you have a $6K long travel suspension but not for the stock one.
    I'l be at $14K for mine OTD with all the mods which are all comfort and saftey mods. No bling or long travel (yet)

Cole Trickle
    Remember much of the suspension in a UTV/ATV comes from the tires. I suspect the BFG's will take all if not most of that away and give you a very hard ride. All ok if you have a $6K long travel suspension but not for the stock one.
    I'l be at $14K for mine OTD with all the mods which are all comfort and saftey mods. No bling or long travel (yet)
    agreed....also any tire over 26" really starts to hurt performance.

Froggystyle
    I dunno... The suspension is pretty well designed on the Rhino's. It isn't like a standard ATV...
    The problem is you damn near double your un-sprung weight. You will want to shock it accordingly. You can upgrade your shocks though, and then do the long travel later. It uses the same shock but different spring rate.
    I will post pics with the new rims and tires in the next couple of days. The tires came in today, but the rims won't be here until Wednesday.

phebus
    I just leave my Guard dog in the Rhino to make sure no one steals it :crossx:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../2491bamrh.jpg
    She is a mean bitch
    Hey, how come that dog's head doesn't fit it's body??????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    agreed....also any tire over 26" really starts to hurt performance.
    Put 30's pn it

n8dawg
    Thanks. I will have to check them out. Right now I am just trying to get prices in my head and what is needed and not needed. Thanks again!
    My buddy in palm springs has one and took me for a ride recently. Man I was not at all impressed when I first saw it, but after cruzing around town and blasting through some dirt roads thoughs things kick ass! He has the 660 motor with digital dash, electronic locking diffs., and a computer chip. Stock suspension so he can load it into his truck and take it to the river. Has the tilt bed so he can carry the cooler! It cooks along pretty good. We were cruzing on a dirt/sandy road at 50mph and he was able to climb up anything!
    Later

RiverRatMike
    My buddy in palm springs has one and took me for a ride recently. Man I was not at all impressed when I first saw it, but after cruzing around town and blasting through some dirt roads thoughs things kick ass! He has the 660 motor with digital dash, electronic locking diffs., and a computer chip. Stock suspension so he can load it into his truck and take it to the river. Has the tilt bed so he can carry the cooler! It cooks along pretty good. We were cruzing on a dirt/sandy road at 50mph and he was able to climb up anything!
    Later
    yup the Rhino's are some kick ass machines. With mine, I couldn't believe how well it could climb. I've climbed some very steep hills near my river house in Parker and it goes right up them without any problems. Very impressive!

Froggystyle
    Quick update on the BFG's... HEAVY!
    The combined weight of stock rim and tire is 28# per corner. The BFG's on 14" rims are 48#, 20# heavier per corner. Unsprung weight too.
    It rides MUCH nicer on the street though, and has a much bigger contact patch as well. Now you really notice the locker in the rear though. Any really tight corners will squeal the rear tires a bit.
    They look totally pimp though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast