Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cali State Beach ?

Desert Rat
    Not much to do with boating but I figured since many have RV's and toy haulers this would be a good place to pose the question. We are looking for a few nice beach Rv sites to visit this winter.
    We have been to McGrath State Beach and we are looking for feed back on a few others. McGrath was nice and clean but the beach is a little distant and you don't have a view.Take in account that we have a 32.5 RV with dual slides so site width could be a problem, I have been told this may be an issue at Carpinteria and the only option may be the back rows, true?.
    Any input on Emmawood, Faria, Hobson, or Rincon? Which is the nicest, easy access to the beach etc. We would like to get up to Jalama but it is a bit farther for a weekend trip and will make that trip when we have more time.
    Hookups would be nice but not a requirment, firepit a must. First and foremost is a view of the beach but we would like someplace that isn't a dump.
    Inputs please???
    Looking to make momma happy with a beach trip or two :rollside:

eliminatedsprinter
    I like the fact that McGrath is off the beach. You don't get sand in everything and you don't have as much dampness.

MBlaster
    I've seen bigger Class A's on carp's beach row. Its all about the rear overhang that will make you fit in a 24 ft space. If your slides are on the same side don't worry about fitting at carp. I'd say go check it out. Getting in can be a problem but call and be ready to go. We usually make out res 5-6 months out. Try Refugio too. Jalama is awsome but its too far for anything less than a 3 nighter.

Desert Rat
    Slides are on opposite sides. Good point on the sand BUT what momma wants momma gets besides I have a son that can vacuum! :crossx:

GoCiggie31
    Have you tried Newport Dunes by balboa island? We rented a cottage on the beach inlet in August and were flanked by some awesome motorcoaches.
    nice views close access to beach amenities.

Never Satisfied
    Not much to do with boating but I figured since many have RV's and toy haulers this would be a good place to pose the question. We are looking for a few nice beach Rv sites to visit this winter.
    We have been to McGrath State Beach and we are looking for feed back on a few others. McGrath was nice and clean but the beach is a little distant and you don't have a view.Take in account that we have a 32.5 RV with dual slides so site width could be a problem, I have been told this may be an issue at Carpinteria and the only option may be the back rows, true?.
    Any input on Emmawood, Faria, Hobson, or Rincon? Which is the nicest, easy access to the beach etc. We would like to get up to Jalama but it is a bit farther for a weekend trip and will make that trip when we have more time.
    Hookups would be nice but not a requirment, firepit a must. First and foremost is a view of the beach but we would like someplace that isn't a dump.
    Inputs please???
    Looking to make momma happy with a beach trip or two :rollside:
    I have my 5th wheel at Pismo Coast Village right now and heading back tomorrow to pick it up. Walking distance to town and really clean.

eliminatedsprinter
    There are many nice beaches, but for many of them getting reservations this late is a problem. That is why we are going to Mcgrath this new years weekend. It was the best place that had sites available.

NOTALENT
    Are those beaches up north?? You may want to try San Onofre (I think thats how to spell it) or Bolsa Chica...I will be there with the Toy Hauler this weekend...its only 2 miles away, but still fun to camp on the beach, bonfire, surf etc... :rollside:

AngryJosh
    Stay away from Ventura...theres NO good places there

TheCarDudes
    Heres the skinny on Ventura Beaches:
    We have stayed at all of them. All of them allow fire pits. They are all within 5 miles of each other and FARIA/RINCON are literally next to each other.
    RINCON
    If you are looking for a spot with the best view then Rincon is absolutlely the best place to camp. Everyone gets to put the "camp side" of their rig to the beach. Everyone is 15 feet from the sand. Basically you are all parralel parked along the beach ... on pavement. No hook ups. The main drawback is that you are also parked along a road that has a 45mph speed limit. Just watch the younger kids if you have any. Also, the train tracks are on the other side of the road. We got used to it after a few trips though. First come, first serve. No reservations. Best time to get a spot, Wed or Thurs between 8:30am and 11am. The earlier, the better. You can't hold a spot with a car ... must have an RV (trailer or coach) in the spot. $21.00 per night. Check in/out is 24hrs after you arrive.
    FARIA
    More like a campground. About 50 sites. No reservations. First come first serv. Only about 15 hook up sites and only about 7 of those are on the front row next to the beach. All sites are at an angle so if you are not on the front "beach" row you still get a peak a boo view of the water. All spots are within 100 ft of the water. Small but quaint. Horseshoes. Little general store/snack bar closes at 5pm. Fresh water and dump station free with camping if you don't get a hook up. I think check in/out is usual around 11am or noon. Here you can reserve a spot by parking any vehicle or pitching a tent until you can get your RV in the spot.
    EMMA WOOD
    Also like a campground. State Park. No ammenities. All back in or pull in on the water. Some sites are easy access to the beach. (Lower # sites) Reservations thru the state park system. About 120 sites but most are very small. Prob only about 40 sites can do 32ft and over. Def our 3rd choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast