Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schiada and Hallet Vector Pricing

SGettmann
    Can somebody tell my why 21' Schiadas are more expensive that Hallet Vector's. I grew up on Schiada's - so there was no other option for buying a Schiada as my first boat and only boat so far. I like the way the boats handle, especially on rough water, and the lines are clean and always in style - even when over 20 years old.
    Hallets I heard are a good boat, but why are the resale values on Hallet Vector's generally less. I'm seeing a comparable boats with a $20K price difference. Either that, or I paid way too much, but then again, I paid what I consider a fair price for my boat.
    Any thoughts on this?

Schiada's traditionally hold their resale value better than most any boat in their class out there. I think they're probably a better handling boat than the Vector apple for apple. I'm sure we could :argue: about that till the cows come home here too. Just my take having been around both and owning both.
    Also I think the Hallett 210 is a better boat and has pretty much outshined and outperformed the Vector, thus probably depressing the Vectors percieved value. But from what I've seen even used 210's have a hard time matching comparably equipped Schiada's used values.
    Having said all that I still think the Vector is a good boat and would not hesitate to own one for river / lake use or even as a second hand ski race boat. However if I was building a new ski racer my choice would not be a Vector.

Riverkid
    Is it true the Vector bottom is a Schiada splash, but off a 21' jet??? I've heard rumors... Heard the delta type bottom of the River Cruiser jet makes the Vector's get a bit goofy on the big end?
    We love our old Schiada. I'm sure we prolly paid too much for it, but WTH, it sure rides nice!

It's not a splash. The back might be close (never analysed it) but the front is completely different on the entry and the way the boat rides is much different as well.

superdave013
    if the 210 is a better boat they sure missed the styling. If you ask me not much has better looking lines then a hallett vector.

if the 210 is a better boat they sure missed the styling. If you ask me not much has better looking lines then a hallett vector.
    Performance perspective was what I was referring to.

superdave013
    I understand

SGettmann
    Thanks Rex for the comments. I agree with you RiverKid - WTH, probably paid too much, but I would rather always pay more than kick myself in the ass for buying something that didn't deliver on performance. Not that a Vector wouldn't deliver, but I come from a Schiada family, so I couldn't go with anything else.
    Although, in some ways, I wish that I started off with a flat bottom V-Drive, just to better appreciate the ride of the 21'. Sometimes when you start off with top of the line stuff, you may not appreciate it fully, and being able to build yourself up over time. Then again, I'm completely stoked with my boat, and will even be more stoked when when I get my new motor back in her and can get out on a speed ski behind her.

weekendwarrior
    Is it true the Vector bottom is a Schiada splash, but off a 21' jet??? I've heard rumors... Heard the delta type bottom of the River Cruiser jet makes the Vector's get a bit goofy on the big end?
    We love our old Schiada. I'm sure we prolly paid too much for it, but WTH, it sure rides nice!
    I was of the understanding that both bottoms were based off the spectra.

fc-pilot
    After growing up in a flat bottom and now having a Schiada it is a big difference. That Schiada can run through anything (or so it seems). I do have to say that when the water is great I prefer skiing behind our Hallett flat. Then again I am just a recreation skier so I don't have to deal with the stuff that some of you guys do.
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast