Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New System Build

Cole Sanger
    Starting to receive the parts for the new build. Just received the Skylon Rubicon 450's today. Wow they look good. Just waiting on the other parts that are supposed to be here this week. Then I have to look at ordering all of the power cables and distribution box stuff along with the signal controllers (4 of them) below. I am going to use these so I can easily turn down specific speaker sets - mainly for the tower speakers and the subs.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...heral_PRC1.jpg

mbrown2
    Starting to receive the parts for the new build. Just received the Skylon Rubicon 450's today. Wow they look good. Just waiting on the other parts that are supposed to be here this week. Then I have to look at ordering all of the power cables and distribution box stuff along with the signal controllers (4 of them) below. I am going to use these so I can easily turn down specific speaker sets - mainly for the tower speakers and the subs.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...heral_PRC1.jpg
    I have the same sort of controls...1 controls the tower...and the other control all the in-boat speakers...that way you can keep it so the wakeboarder can hear the tower and not blow everyone away in the boat and while docked...listen to music in the boat and not blow away everyone with the towers...

plaster dave
    I run 400x2 to 2 Entity 1010 and they are louder then anything I have come across...You can just not compare 8" car audio type drivers with Wave Glide type horns to the NVS stuff, Eminence 10" mid bass drivers and 4" Concert Type Horns...Looks are subjective; I think the Skylon's look rinky dink...and the next guy may differ in opinion......if you don't want to be the loudest don't go with the NVS...but the power requirements don't change...you still need 500 per cabinet...I thought you were looking at 500 per enclosure for the skylon as well.....Personally I would do a 1000x1 Alpine PDX to two Entity's if doing it again..small, efficient and clean..
    You get what you pay for.....the level of workmanship and craftsman ship on the Entity's is second to none and I got them for 1800 for the set...On top that NVS custom crafted my Titan Speaker clamps to fit the NVS Speakers, so the wire could be internally routed through the tower AND clamp...just a higher end custom outfit at NVS...definitely not a mass produced product like the Skylon...
    Hands down the BEST system I have hear on the lake was Mikes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12