Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You guys aren't gonn like this.

Dominator Scott
    This weekend I am doing the last bit of restoration and modification to my dad's Sanger before he comes down on the 18th and I surprise him.
    I am installing 4 cleats on the boat so he can tie it off easier to his dock. He had throat cancer and now has a trache tube in his neck so water isn't exactly his friend if he were to fall in the lake from trying to tie off from the bow eye or the stern. I actually thought about mounting them on the inside of the gunnel (similar to the passenger grab handle)so they don't take away from the lines of the hull. 2 cleats next to the front seats and 2 back in engine compartment gunnels. Cleats are a must for my fathers safety.
    What do you guys think?

Sanger Jet
    sometimes I wish I had some.....When I see the big boats tie up at a marina :cry:

oldbuck40
    This weekend I am doing the last bit of restoration and modification to my dad's Sanger before he comes down on the 18th and I surprise him.
    I am installing 4 cleats on the boat so he can tie it off easier to his dock. He had throat cancer and now has a trache tube in his neck so water isn't exactly his friend if he were to fall in the lake from trying to tie off from the bow eye or the stern. I actually thought about mounting them on the inside of the gunnel (similar to the passenger grab handle)so they don't take away from the lines of the hull. 2 cleats next to the front seats and 2 back in engine compartment gunnels. Cleats are a must for my fathers safety.
    What do you guys think?why should it matter what we think! if its for your dads safety i say go for it and put em all in easy to get to places!
    if others dont like it tell em to kiss your AZZ

IMPATIENT 1
    safety 1st! if my hull was thick enough for some of those cool azz recessed billet cleats, i'd have a couple on my tx-19.

Devilman
    What do you guys think?
    I had thought about that myself awhile back, just never got off my ass & did it. :rollside: Seems like the best location to keep them easy to get to for your dad while keeping them somewhat out of sight & messing up the hull. My opinion anyway. On the front two, if they're close to the seats, seems like it would be possible to snag something on them or jab an elbow with them.....

Devilman
    why should it matter what we think! if its for your dads safety i say go for it and put em all in easy to get to places!
    if others dont like it tell em to kiss your AZZ
    Calm down gramps......LMAO

Dominator Scott
    safety 1st! if my hull was thick enough for some of those cool azz recessed billet cleats, i'd have a couple on my tx-19.
    Recessed cleats would be cool but they are pretty pricey. Sunsation Powerboats was generous enough to provide me with a set of four 6" stainless cleats free of charge so that is what I will be using.
    I just hate the thought of drilling into this beautiful MitcherT paint job.

460 jus getn it
    Calm down gramps......LMAO
    He got all upset and shit...................i see them flashing lights again.

Devilman
    He got all upset and shit...................i see them flashing lights again.
    This could go downhill so flippin fast. That's all I'm saying.... :rollside: LOL

Devilman
    Recessed cleats would be cool but they are pretty pricey. Sunsation Powerboats was generous enough to provide me with a set of four 6" stainless cleats free of charge so that is what I will be using.
    I just hate the thought of drilling into this beautiful MitcherT paint job.
    I hear ya, keep 'em inside the gunnels for sure!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast