Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone fill in the blanks? BBC bolt locations

GofastRacer
    Man after my own heart Art. Isn't that the way you're supposed to do it?......
    Well here's how I learned about using transfer punches!. When I was kid I knew this OLD machinist and one time I was watching him make some adaptor for something(don't remember what it was for)and I asked him if he had a blueprint for the pattern, and he said there ain't no blueprint for it and who has time for that just pay attention, he whips out the transfer punches screws them in and lays the material on and taps it, drills it and it bolted right on, at the time I was totally amazed and that's when I went and bought a whole set and been using them ever since, and I just can't see doing anything different!..

Well here's how I learned about using transfer punches!. When I was kid I knew this OLD machinist and one time I was watching him make some adaptor for something(don't remember what it was for)and I asked him if he had a blueprint for the pattern, and he said there ain't no blueprint for it and who has time for that just pay attention, he whips out the transfer punches screws them in and lays the material on and taps it, drills it and it bolted right on, at the time I was totally amazed and that's when I went and bought a whole set and been using them ever since, and I just can't see doing anything different!..
    10-4...................

wsuwrhr
    That's one way to do it when there are no prints.
    Brian

superdave013
    Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave............ (http://www.***boat.net/forums/showth...t=bolt+pattern)
    already have those. The rear is good but the front is missing the info for the odd spaced mounting hole. Pretty much I'm looking for the location of that hole a lil closer then I can measure it with a Stanley. Those are still the best prints I've seen. You would think a good print of a BBC would be pretty easy to come by.

superdave013
    I sent you the CAD last year didn't I?
    Did you lose it?
    Brian
    It was not an Auto CAD DWG file that I could use.
    You remember how that other program I got didn't really work at all. So I dumped it and kept on doing every thing in A Cad.
    I'm about ready to do like you did and set it up and measure things. But like I said, you would think this info would be easy to get.
    How long have they been making a BBC anyway? 35 years or so at least.

wsuwrhr
    It was not an Auto CAD DWG file that I could use.
    You remember how that other program I got didn't really work at all. So I dumped it and kept on doing every thing in A Cad.
    I'm about ready to do like you did and set it up and measure things. But like I said, you would think this info would be easy to get.
    How long have they been making a BBC anyway? 35 years or so at least.
    I could just make you a sketch you lazy ass.
    Sheesh

bottom feeder
    I can :yuk:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12