Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Californians screw up Arizona..

OGShocker

Ziggy
    The boon is over..........
    You should retitle the thread "Ballers" screw up AZ......
    Trickle effect is hitting some hard.

Angry Inch
    Hopefully the "big one" comes soon and knocks everything east of California off into the Atlantic. :rollside:

RitcheyRch
    Definitely an interesting article. Surprised to hear that people put money down on a home and then bailed on it.

Jbb
    “the new ghost towns of the West.”......... :jawdrop:

Cole Sanger
    Definitely an interesting article. Surprised to hear that people put money down on a home and then bailed on it.
    My friend just did that very thing. Sucks, but he lowered his price on his house multiple times and it just didn't sell.

RitcheyRch
    I have been looking at homes in Surprise and have noticed that a few homes have started lowering there prices.
    My friend just did that very thing. Sucks, but he lowered his price on his house multiple times and it just didn't sell.

Cole Sanger
    I have been looking at homes in Surprise and have noticed that a few homes have started lowering there prices.
    That was the other problem my friend worried about before letting it go. He had other home builders (places he had gone before signing on the new house) sending him lower and lower quotes. Anthem near Florence lowered their prices by more than $40k in a couple of weeks. He didn't want to buy a house for $350k and it only appraising for $310k. Upside down makes no sense. I was actually looking at houses where he was, but I gave up. Figured if he couldn't sell his house, I probably wouldn't be able to either.

Sleek-Jet
    “the new ghost towns of the West.”......... :jawdrop:
    Talk about sensationalism... the glory days are past, but people are still building and buying, and selling houses. The builders we deal with are saying it's going to be an 18 month slowdown while everything sorts itself out, then should pick back up again, but we probably won't see the fervor we did here over the last couple years... which is a good thing.

Jordy
    I know of a few home builders around Phoenix that are laying off 100's of workers. Things are definately slowing down in that department. A year ago they were having lotteries for lots in new communities and every lot would have a sold sign on it within the first day of the opening. All that started changing about 6 months ago. Lots more "AVAILABLE" signs on the lots, and even on homes. Used to be it was all different realtor signs on the houses when they were done, now I'm seeing more and more builder/broker signs. I know I've slowed way down because of it too. Oh well, it will all pick back up as it always does.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast