Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oingo Boingo on the Gong Show

uvindex
    If you ever liked Oingo Boingo and/or Danny Elfman you should check out this video: Oingo Boingo on the Gong Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTRd1a5MVMw) :boxed:

Ziggy
    Humble beginnings

Froggystyle
    That made my month. I have seen them a few times. First time I ever made it to "second base" was at a Boingo show actually... It was the Dead Man's Party tour and I saw them at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. That... was crazy.

Jordy
    Deadman's Party tour at Mesa Amphitheater was my first concert back in '85 or so. Still have the ticket stub around here somewhere. Phenominal show, even back then.

XFactor
    I saw them in 1979 (I think) at a small club in Hollywood and they went by "The Mystic Knights of Oingo Boingo". I was hooked from then on. I think I saw them probably 12-14 times. Sad day when they stopped touring. :cry:

djunkie
    I give the girl a freakin 15. WOW!!!!!!!!

Sportin' Wood
    Stopped counting at 15 times. Every Halloween and new years for about 6 years and a sprinkle of other shows in between. An Oingo Boingo show was never the same thing twice. My favorite show was a halloween show at the OC fairgrounds when Danny Elfman yoddled (sp) when the drummer broke his bass pedal. Impressive artist.

racecar.hotshoe
    That made my month. I have seen them a few times. First time I ever made it to "second base" was at a Boingo show actually... It was the Dead Man's Party tour and I saw them at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. That... was crazy.
    Dont you mean the first and only time you made it to "second base"

BiggusJimbus
    Ah, the greek... Great place to see shows.
    I saw the Talking Heads stop making sense tour there, also, Peter Gabriel's Security tour (I think) there and saw Genesis there. All fabulous shows.
    Talking heads were great there. David Byrne came out as the sun was setting with his Giant suit and guitar and played Psycho Killer by himself, and the band assembled as it got darker.
    Great stuff.

grads2112
    I'm sure one of Danny Elfman's prouder moments...lol. Played a little Oingo Boingo on the boat this summer and had some of the girls (early 20's) ask who Oingo Boingo was...made me feel really old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast