Thread: Down South.

blown428fe
    Everybody on here from N.C. OK. WTF. God Damn weather is unbelivable.

MizBubba
    This time of year, you don't know whether to put on the long johns, or the bathing suit!
    We still haven't winterized. We're holding out for one more surprise warm spell... had one last weekend, got to the 80's both days.
    Welcome to NC weather.

DaveA
    It's been a rough few days. I'll be cleaning up all the pine limbs and cones for a while.
    Fortunately we didn't have a tree land on the house like our neighbor did, but an 18" pine top from my other neighbor's yard got uncomfortably close. It left a 15' stump in his yard, and the rest of it in mine. Wind was howling big time Wed nite about 1130 and we were just about to abandon the place, but we'd have to run the gauntlet down the road. Good thing we didn't. We had 6 pines down over the road out of here when we got up the next morning. Took a while to clear that stuff, but neighbor Ross, with a big ole Stihl, cut it up while the rest of us dragged it all out of the way.
    Power went out immediately because all those pines went down over the lines that ran along the road. Finally got it back 5pm Thurs. Yesterday, the chipper/bucket truck that neighbor Greg hired came down about 7am and we went to work again and got the big stuff taken care of. He had alot of trees down on his lot, but he was facing the storm on the point of our peninsula.
    Compared to those folks down in Reigelwood, we don't have problems. Our hearts go out to them.

blown428fe
    DAVE A - Put the news on that morning when I got out of bed and had heard what happened. That sucks. We got heavy rain and wind over night from those storms. Glad you guys made out ok.