Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: generator install

teamaquaholicks
    does any one know where i can go or who to talk to about installing a generator to run my stereo system while floating at the party spots. is the battery thing just as good as long as you have enough of them?
    thanks

BADASS38CHEVY
    How many watts rms are you going to be running.Also read up on this post.http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...rator+charging

teamaquaholicks
    thanks for the link. it helped a lot. i'll be running 3 12's and six highs and mids with i hope about 2 to 3kwatts. i think the honda 2000 with the hardware on that link will work just fine.
    thanks again for the link, i really appreciate it
    chuck

BADASS38CHEVY
    Im running 2900 rms watts and I use the honda eu2000 with the Cascade 75 amp.Works great.

teamaquaholicks
    thanks.
    how many speakers are you running with that set up.
    did you do your install yourself or did you have it done.
    is there a kit to buy once you have all the hardware to mount the gen and exhaust etc.
    chuck

phebus
    Where in So. Cal can you buy one at a decent price? Anyone have a hook-up?

BADASS38CHEVY
    thanks.
    how many speakers are you running with that set up.
    did you do your install yourself or did you have it done.
    is there a kit to buy once you have all the hardware to mount the gen and exhaust etc.
    chuck
    Im running 7 pairs of MB Quart 6 1/2 with 4 JL Audio 13.5 w6's.I did most of the install myself and had one of my buddies wire the amps up and set the switches on the amps.All wires was installed when boat was being made,I just supplied them all of the wiring. Laveycraft custom made the exhaust for the generator,and when you fire up the generator one of the bilge pumps will suck water from the river with a nozzle and circulate it around the exhaust pipe with brass tubing to cool it down and then spit it out thru the transom back into the river.Constant cold water being circulated around exhaust.Works Bitchen.

1manshow
    Im running 7 pairs of MB Quart 6 1/2 with 4 JL Audio 13.5 w6's.I did most of the install myself and had one of my buddies wire the amps up and set the switches on the amps.All wires was installed when boat was being made,I just supplied them all of the wiring. Laveycraft custom made the exhaust for the generator,and when you fire up the generator one of the bilge pumps will suck water from the river with a nozzle and circulate it around the exhaust pipe with brass tubing to cool it down and then spit it out thru the transom back into the river.Constant cold water being circulated around exhaust.Works Bitchen.
    Do you have any pics of your generator set up?? Sounds like a dam good idea

BADASS38CHEVY
    Do you have any pics of your generator set up?? Sounds like a dam good idea
    I dont have any pics right now.I took some and the flash card on the digital camera took a shit.I need to get more later on.I just pick up a new flash card.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast