Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know what Schiada's Lee will have at Boat Show this year?

RiverDave
    I went by the shop yesterday and was led to believe that they wouldn't be bringing a 21 to the show? I know they were hoping to fit it, but it didn't look like they were going to be able too. To echo what someone else said it sounded to me like a 24, 32, & 43 would be coming.
    I hope they bring his 21, that was by far and away the nicest boat I've ever laid eyes on.
    RD

If he is not bringing the 21 then im out no reason to go
    for me. that sucks. i saw it at the schiada regata but
    wanted to check some things out .

RiverDave
    If he is not bringing the 21 then im out no reason to go
    for me. that sucks. i saw it at the schiada regata but
    wanted to check some things out .
    I got all up n personal with it yesterday. I was checking out the external rudder, and some of the other parts.. That boat is beyond trick. I had a camera with me, but unfortunatley I ended up shooting the breeze with a guy the whole time I was there so I didn't get any pics.
    RD

superdave013
    I really like the river cruiser, but I have to ask..What new materials ? Have his hulls really changed over the last 10 years? I am in noway disrespecting... Just curious to know why he doesn't use newer lighter and stronger techolgy...
    I saw a boat they laid up flip at right around 100 mph. It went way up in the air, hit the water and bounced up again. Landed right side up and they raced it again the next day. Yesterdays tech would have been scattered all over Marine Stadium.

ROZ
    It sounds like the materials(maybe matt direction and fibers it's made of) itself have become much stronger/better over the years vs what they use to use... Appreciate the input sd and sean... I hope to have one one day

Riverkid
    Be interesting to know what the bare hull weight diff is, say on an '06 21 versus an '85...
    They are so stout I can't see them weighing much less. Besides, I don't think a light 21' would make that good a ski racer anyways...

05schiada
    I have a 76' and a 06' Stan said that my old one probably weighs 350 to 400 lbs more than the new one due to the newer resins and fibers that are available today than back then. they had to use more then to get the same strength. Also was at the boat show in Sat. Ron's new boat in downstairs in the main entrance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123