Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Class A Diesel Motorhome...

bohica
    Make sure you look at the tow ratings before you buy. Most pushers come with a 10K rating as standard. There are some coaches that have a 15K, I'd stick with one of those. You can exceed the 10K in a heartbeat with an enclosed, buggy, rhino, quads, water and fuel. If you ever want to go the stacker route, they weigh in at 8.5K empty.
    Some of the nicer coaches that will have a 15K rating are:
    from cheapest to $$$
    Fleetwood Revolution LE
    American Eagle
    Foretravel
    I'd power it with a minimum 400hp and preferrably 525hp and above.
    It's come to a point where we aren't only racing our buggies and boats, but now our coaches, up the grades with 15K in tow.

pixilatedpussy
    Go test drive a Country Coach. I've had several motorhomes over the years and have yet to find anything that rides and drives as nice.
    Who makes it?

ULTRA28
    Who makes it?
    Country Coach is the brand. They make several models.
    Here is a link. We're real happy with ours.
    www.countrycoach.com

sigepmock
    Country Coach is the brand. They make several models.
    Here is a link. We're real happy with ours.
    www.countrycoach.com
    And when you need a barn or building to cover it come see me, right John....oh wait .... Ready when you are.
    In all seriousness, we just bought a Jayco Seneca HD. It's a diesel class C with an 8000lbs tow rating. We liked it better than the Class A's only because it has an extra queen bed over the cab plus the fold out couch and that was important for us with the growing family. It doesn't have the water capacity or tow capacity of the big Diesel Pushers but it has more room. If I had the money I'd look into one of the big rig style coaches, they have the extra beds and the tow capacities. Just my junior baller wannabe $.02,
    Chris

BADASS38CHEVY
    Look at the Fleetwood Excurtions.Alot of bang for your buck.350 hp,allison 6 speed trans.They pretty much come fully loaded.We almost bought one 2 years ago.they were asking $202.000 for a brand new one,we got them down to 162.000.They have a big mark up on them,just really grind them down.We had no trade in.So It was a really good deal but we ended up buying the place in parker instead.If I was to buy one I would buy this one.http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/excursion/default.aspx Pictures dont do this justice.

Sleek-Jet
    Once you look at the Newmar coaches, it's not easy to look at anything else. I lived in a Kountry Air 5th wheel for a year or so and that thing was built better than the house I live in now.
    I'd go with the Cummins. Cat is having problems with their new motors from what I understand. Lots of waranty issues. That's just scuttlebutt though, don't know how true it is.
    Foretravel makes a nice coach as well.
    Monacho is worth a look as long as you're kicking tires.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Look at the Fleetwood Excurtions.Alot of bang for your buck.350 hp,allison 6 speed trans.They pretty much come fully loaded.We almost bought one 2 years ago.they were asking $202.000 for a brand new one,we got them down to 162.000.They have a big mark up on them,just really grind them down.We had no trade in.So It was a really good deal but we ended up buying the place in parker instead.If I was to buy one I would buy this one.http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/excursion/default.aspx Pictures dont do this justice.
    Two of my buddies bought for 150. Serious bang for the buck!! Big though.
    I am getting the 35 discovery. Not too big not too small. 330 Cummings and triple slide. Girth maters in a motorhome as much as length. Haha he said girth!!

BoatFloating
    Two of my buddies bought for 150. Serious bang for the buck!! Big though.
    I am getting the 35 discovery. Not too big not too small. 330 Cummings and triple slide. Girth maters in a motorhome as much as length. Haha he said girth!!
    You mean a Fleetlemonwood.......

haulina29
    this is ours 45 foot renegade it is a 05 I have a 07 being delivered March 1st
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29...01-2018-59.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29...01-2017-00.jpg

pixilatedpussy
    Anyone have comments on the Holiday Rambler??? We took a 40 ft for a test drive today & LOVED it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast