Thread: Who's in the Transportation business?

Blown Spectra
    Just wanted to see if anyone here is in the Trucking transports business. Got a friend thats making the move into the Transport business as an Owner Operator and he needs some help with brokers. He will have a TEMP CONTROLLED UNIT and will haul produce, meat, ect...... any help would be nice.
    Thanks,
    Eric

HighRoller
    Been there, done that. Your friend have any experience in the industry? Any experience pulling a reefer? Does he have any business/accounting skills? Is he going to buy a truck, or a truck/trailer? Will he lease on or get his own authority? If you can answer these questions I can give him a good idea of what he can expect. I have experience as an O/O pulling my own reefer.

Bad Puddy Tat
    I retired from Electronics 2 years ago. Got bored and bought a truck about a year ago. Now I own a few. Typically hauling to Wal-Mart going east (Produce) Chickens and turkey's going west. P.M. me if you want some details I'm Leased on to a friend of Mine out of Ar. Same day pay. Guaranteed year round rates. I never have trouble getting loads longest I've waited is 4 hours. I only make about 2 turns a month I don't want anyone to think I'm working. Just driving around the country looking at the sites.

Bad Puddy Tat
    That's true But I live in Lake Havasu. But I do have Ar. Tags No sales tax :rollside: :rollside:

HighRoller
    I can't believe you just publicly admitted you're a chicken hauler...
    Do you do a lot of Tyson loads back to the west coast?