Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quad laws ?

bchbum
    Can anyone tell if it's really against the law for kids under16 to ride larger quads?Our new quads say " recomend no one under 16 "No where on them does it say it's a law . thanks

WUTWZAT
    I Just recently purchased my quad, and while shopping for it I had my 15 year old cousin with me. They told me its the law that a kid under 16 is not allowed to ride a quad or dirt bike or a certain cc. I don't know any paticular law, but thats what I was told by the dealer.

JetBoatRich
    I could not find anything under the law that limits CC's
    OHV Law (http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1234)

termiteguy
    i was told nothing over 90cc for kids under the age of 16 however my 14 yearold dauter rides a 250cc quad fuk the law :crossx:

H20 Toie
    they can't sell you a over 90 cc quad if they know it is for someone under 16 but there is no law stating what size quad a kid can ride. it is to save there ass in a lawsuit if you put a 10yr old on a 250 that states for 16 and older and she gets hurt it is hard to sue the manf. not that i would let my daughter ride a 250..

gramps
    Different states have different laws. Here in the land of idiots kids 14 or over can ride BUT they must go thru a course and wear a helmet.

HocusPocus
    the cc restriction didn't apply to motorcycles, just quads. it has to do with the roll over factor, i don't think you would want to have a 300 lb quad rollover on a 6 year old.

spectratoad
    they can't sell you a over 90 cc quad if they know it is for someone under 16 but there is no law stating what size quad a kid can ride. it is to save there ass in a lawsuit if you put a 10yr old on a 250 that states for 16 and older and she gets hurt it is hard to sue the manf. not that i would let my daughter ride a 250..
    Kind of like letting your kid get drug behind the boat holding onto the swimstep without a lifejacket. It is the manufacturers fault right?
    My kids are 13 & 15 and ride 250 & 300 atv's.

CHEETAH24
    my kid is 15 and already grew out of his 250, now he rides a z400. It would be more dangerous to put him on a 90 untill he is 16.

bchbum
    My girls have been riding since they were 5 , they'll be 11 next week. they are not the fastest ( glad about thAT ) . I told them they had to learn to ride 2 wheels before they could have quads . I picked up two 250 auto cluch for them . They have rode them before , just didn't own them . They don't ride over their heads , so I expect no problems with that , just don't want a ticket . No dealer could show me the law about being 16 years old . :crossx:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast