Thread: Steering Question?????

Budman13
    I have a 21 ft boat with a dominator pump, ride plate, droop snoot, and place diverter. When I let go of the steering wheel at speed the boat turns hard to the right. Has anyone had this problem and is there a way fix. I have driven many jet boats and this is the only one I've encountered with type of actionl. Any help much appreciated.

OverKill
    Budman
    I have had the same problem. If I run as hard as she will go with the place diverter up then start to point the diverter down still full throttle I get a kick to the left, or right in your case. Does this sound right so far?? I don't know the cause of this however for saftey reasons I back off the rpm to 3000 then put the diverter down to a good balance point then full on. After my buddy Dan AKA Squirtcha and I pulled the motor and pump, he descovered the intake epoxyed to he hull was about a half inch off to the left go figure.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I have a 21 ft boat with a dominator pump, ride plate, droop snoot, and place diverter. When I let go of the steering wheel at speed the boat turns hard to the right. Has anyone had this problem and is there a way fix. I have driven many jet boats and this is the only one I've encountered with type of actionl. Any help much appreciated.
    I drove my friends 21ft liberator and it does the same thing.His pulles(wonders) to the left. I have heard that these boats like to wonder. I am curious to see why they do this.

OverKill
    396 lets keep this post alive lets investigate ya