Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhino or sandrail

marty722
    I've been saving up for a Rhino but have ran across some pretty good deals on sandrails at about half the price of a rhino...... How about the pros and cons of each.The wife hates to drive so she just wants to ride so I'm thinking maybe a sandrail would do the job and I would be able to save some money in the mean time..... I have found a couple or prowlers that are in very good shape with lots of add-ons for about 7grand......So give me your input. I just thing the rhino craze will be going away soon.... Lets hear it!!!! Thanks
    PS we are still keeping the quads just in case....

Havasu1986
    I seen a commercial that said the 07 Rhinos will be available in automatic. Is this a big deal.

Phat Matt
    I seen a commercial that said the 07 Rhinos will be available in automatic. Is this a big deal.
    They are only forward and reverse now.

RiverRatMike
    haha all rhinos are automatic :idea:

EmpirE231
    most rails that are cheaper than rhinos.... have crappy suspension compared to a rhino! would be a super rough ride compared to how some rhinos ride... but if you use it just for duning or fire roads... you'll be OK with the rail... I personally wouldn't buy anything less than a mid-travel rail!
    the + side to rhinos is that they're convienient!! they can usually fit in the bed of most full sized trucks.... dont use much gas... will fit in the garage.. and go through tighter trails!
    if non of that appeals to you... I'd say look into a baja bug! you can get one with some decent setup suspension for around that 7k mark.... it'll do what most rails in that price range will do... but ya got windows!! deff a big + when it comes to the wind and dust

Havasu Carrera
    NOT RHINO"S WITH STD"S lol
    Rhino's are all automatics are they not??

marty722
    most rails that are cheaper than rhinos.... have crappy suspension compared to a rhino! would be a super rough ride compared to how some rhinos ride... but if you use it just for duning or fire roads... you'll be OK with the rail... I personally wouldn't buy anything less than a mid-travel rail!
    the + side to rhinos is that they're convienient!! they can usually fit in the bed of most full sized trucks.... dont use much gas... will fit in the garage.. and go through tighter trails!
    if non of that appeals to you... I'd say look into a baja bug! you can get one with some decent setup suspension for around that 7k mark.... it'll do what most rails in that price range will do... but ya got windows!! deff a big + when it comes to the wind and dust
    Thanks for the info. I think the others got alittle off topic :cry: :cry:

riverroyal
    NOT RHINO"S WITH STD"S lol
    Rhino's are all automatics are they not??
    the have a low,high,reverse,then they have 2wd,4wd and 4wd diff lock all on one button :rollside:

Ziggy
    Buggies have been around for 50+ years.
    Rhippo craze is a few years old. I'm betting that regulations will bring them down to earth.
    Ask any woman if staying power is good or bad
    Buy two buggies instead.

2Driver
    If you have quads already and plan to use the Rhino or Rail mainly at the Dunes then I would definitely get the rail. You can have more fun and go a lot more places. As far as a fad, I see them becoming the land PWC.
    I just got my Rhino and so far it's just ok. But I haven't gotten any wood from it. If it werent for the Mrs and 5 year old it might be in the trader already. I should hold judgement until I get it out in the desert some.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast