Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our 26 ft Ultra Shadow Test Ride

drejustice
    First I want to thank John and his wife for taking time out of their weekend to meeting us on Sunday. We flew out from the East Coast this past weekend to take a test ride in a 26 Shadow. All I can say is wow!!!! Conditions were NOT ideal in his view and he apologized but from my perspective, what better way to see what the boat could do then run it with crappy conditions.
    Wind was blowing with gusts up to 30 according to the radio. The water was basicallly a white cap machine with 2-4 foot waves when we were out for our ride.
    Our conclusion: We are sold! Let's just say, I'll be owning a tunnel by next May!!!! fyi...I now have a taylor jet boat for sale
    But don't take our word for it as I did manage to shoot a little video on 1 of our runs. Now the quality isn't great as I was using the Video feature on my little digital still camera and I couldn't hold it that still, but you still get the idea that the ride in these conditions is Impressive.
    To see Video :Click here (http://www.teamjustice.net/pics/ultratestride.wmv)
    The only other boat we saw out was John's friend in a 27 Shadow.(That looked to handled the rough conditions even better). These conditions are rare back East on the Lake where we would use the boat so for us it was a good test to show how the boat would do if we were ever faced with bad conditions and still wanted to be able to boat.

andy01
    That is cool that the world famous John West took you for a demo. He's a good guy and builds some very nice boats. His 26's is a nice piece. Congrats on your purchase and a good time to get your deposit in before the LA Boat Show, at least your place in line isn't to far out.
    Post pics during the build, unless your boat looks like Sigemoaucks then don't bother.......... j/k
    What power?
    Andy

sigepmock
    That is cool that the world famous John West took you for a demo. He's a good guy and builds some very nice boats. His 26's is a nice piece. Congrats on your purchase and a good time to get your deposit in before the LA Boat Show, at least your place in line isn't to far out.
    Post pics during the build, unless your boat looks like Sigemoaucks then don't bother.......... j/k
    What power?
    Andy
    See how those jealous DCB owners get..... :crossx:
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Ultra Family. That 26 is an amazing boat but more important John, Lea, and the rest of the crew at Ultra are top notch and a pleasure to work with. I know you're gonna be happy with the boat, the build process, and the great customer service after the boat is done.
    Hopefully you get the chance to drag the boat cross crounty and make the Regatta next year....there's a prize for the fartherest distance traveled
    Congrats again and if you ever need anything from the local Ultra owners don't be a fraid to ask,
    Chris Mock

shippingguy
    Congrats on the purchase. I am glad you enjoyed the ride. The conditions were definitely not the best, but the 26 handled it very well. I am gald we got to run the boats and burn some fuel off. Welcome to the Ultra Family! The Regatta is a must if you can pull it off.

andy01
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Ultra Family. That 26 is an amazing boat but more important John, Lea, and the rest of the crew at Ultra are top notch and a pleasure to work with. I know you're gonna be happy with the boat, the build process, and the great customer service after the boat is done.
    Chris Mock
    And here I thought that was mud from the Rhino run on Saturday... turns out it is from having your nose up Johns ass..... what a homo! John should be more pickie about who he lets buy his boats, you are a good example of a Gayliner owner. But I guess everybody has rights now days...
    Andy

andy01
    Congrats on the purchase. I am glad you enjoyed the ride. The conditions were definitely not the best, but the 26 handled it very well. I am gald we got to run the boats and burn some fuel off. Welcome to the Ultra Family! The Regatta is a must if you can pull it off.
    Your boat looked great in the water up at Topac, very nice ride. Congrats!
    Andy

shippingguy
    Your boat looked great in the water up at Topac, very nice ride. Congrats!
    Andy
    Thank you very much for the compliment. We are very happy with the boat. Congrats on your new purchase as well. Keep us posted on the build.

LAFD
    looks like john had the sticks throttled. what speed where you seeing.what motor package did you go with??

shippingguy
    looks like john had the sticks throttled. what speed where you seeing.what motor package did you go with??
    I was in my boat during the test drive John gave and we were cruising side by side for a bit in the rough stuff. John has the 525 in that 26 Deck. I think they may be going with a 496HO in that new 26 Deck.

sigepmock
    And here I thought that was mud from the Rhino run on Saturday... turns out it is from having your nose up Johns ass..... what a homo! John should be more pickie about who he lets buy his boats, you are a good example of a Gayliner owner. But I guess everybody has rights now days...
    Andy
    Just because you haven't been happy with any of your boats and have to sell them for a HUGE loss every year.....don't take it out on us that made some good choices..... :crossx:
    When you get that little dingy of yours....if it even exists.....you can talk...until then you're just a boatless $hittalker begging for rides :yuk: :crossx:

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast