Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who's thinkin cruiser?

H20 Toie
    I have a friend that bought a cruiser and now what's to go back to a performance boat if any body wants to trade let me know.

Big Kahunaa
    here is a nice cruiser that's for sale. lol You did really mean Schiada River Cruiser right?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...005_Large_.jpg
    That's my idea of a cruiser i'll have one for my next boat

burtandnancy
    RiverO, if my 'dancer would have gone 55+ I'd still have her. That Chapparal must have a pair of 1075's...

RiverOtter
    RiverO, if my 'dancer would have gone 55+ I'd still have her. That Chapparal must have a pair of 1075's...
    The Chap has outdrives. Did your Dancer?

superdave013
    superdave, this boat is absolutely beautiful, is it really for sale???
    yup
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/3/82409213.htm
    only 61K. what a deal compared to the prices of all these other crusiers that are being talked about. lol

burtandnancy
    No, my 'dancer had V-drives with the props & shafts up in pockets. I had the optional 380 hp Horizons and at the rev limiters (5050) it was good for 40 mph.

RiverOtter
    No, my 'dancer had V-drives with the props & shafts up in pockets. I had the optional 380 hp Horizons and at the rev limiters (5050) it was good for 40 mph.
    HUGE difference. My 370 has Vdrives as well and blistered the lake at 20 knots Cruisers with outdrives can trim out and run on top of the water like a ***boat. Harder to back into a slip though

burtandnancy
    River O, exactly right. It I had kept my boat, it would have had 360K-planes installed on its first haul-out. The little tiny bennets that came with it would not drop the nose properly unless you dropped them way down which in turn dropped the speed significantly. Surely you jest about the top speed of your 37, they aren't that slow are they?

RiverOtter
    River O, exactly right. It I had kept my boat, it would have had 360K-planes installed on its first haul-out. The little tiny bennets that came with it would not drop the nose properly unless you dropped them way down which in turn dropped the speed significantly. Surely you jest about the top speed of your 37, they aren't that slow are they?
    Mine was a 1991 370 which had a center line of 39.11 and a 13 or 13.5 beam. It had twin 330 horse 454 carb motors. I had to run with the tabs way down to keep is from falling back in the hole. My cruies was 17 to 20 knots. Not sure about the top end but it sure as hell wasn't 40mph. Sluggish hull but a dam nice boat. Lots of great memories. I really miss it.

jdogginla
    If I went cruiser.........it would have to be along the lines of the Formula 370SS. Great boat! Sorry, don't have a link but someone else I'm sure can post one.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast